.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Exile Industries: Department of Redundancy Department

Thursday, November 05, 2009

I Live

Zombie hand

Things have been rough, i'm not going to lie to you.

last i posted i was laid off.
it's been nearly six months, and that hasn't changed much.

i've survived the last few months on a constuction gig. i worked long hours in 115 degree weather all to feed the debt that had consumed me. unemployeed, i continued on, i worked till my hands ached and my flesh was burned.

as that run spiraled to an end i picked up another gig working in San Diego (an hour away) clearing out a building for a company that went out of business. we picked the bones of the failed company. the doors were covered with eviction notices and desks were left with half cups of coffee. for three months time stopped in the building and locking in all the property and the stench of failure. we stripped everything that wasn't nailed down, then we pulled up the nails. by the end of it all the place was stripped bare, and so was the job.

now i sit here, returning to the blog i left behind back in May in the same state i was in. full circle.

i will update with more of what has happened soon, but for those still out there, i'm still here. (and yes, i've been lurking on your blogs.)





Exile

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • Exile, dude! So relieved to hear from you, even if the news isn't terribly good. That story about clearing out the building, stripping it bare...man, that was a depressing read. Nowhere near as depressing as having to do it, I assume.

    I LOVE that song! it's like my favorite right now.

    At any rate, if you need anything, or just to talk, I assume you still have my number. Call. We'll kibbitz. :)

    HUGS...

    By Blogger Polt, at Friday, November 06, 2009 5:10:00 AM  

  • polt- yeah, it was weird clearing out a building that was going through what my company when through the caused me to get the gig that i had. (that was a really long sentence)

    yeah, it's on all the time out here, but it's still a good'n

    thanks for the offer of kibbitz and bitz.

    By Blogger exile, at Friday, November 06, 2009 10:51:00 AM  

  • ah, you had a typo up there.
    but that's because i care. heh.
    good to have you back.
    i won't ask for a new ball as yet. but when you hit a new job, you should get me two.

    By Blogger tuti, at Monday, November 09, 2009 1:46:00 AM  

  • I'm working at getting my graphic design business (aka freelance) going and it's not progressing as fast as I'd like. :( Unlike you, I volunteered to give up my job and try to strike out on my own, but at this point I'm not convinced that it's going to work and I may have to go job-searching for the first time in nearly 20 years. :P Scared as hell about that prospect.

    I'm with Polt (bestest online friend *ever*) -- the story of cleaning out the offices was depressing! Especially since my own office may be next on your list. lol

    Keep your chin up! And hopefully we'll hear from you again soon.

    Dave S.
    http://funwithgrindr.blogspot.com

    By Blogger FunWithGrindr, at Thursday, November 12, 2009 6:07:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home