.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Exile Industries: Department of Redundancy Department

Monday, November 17, 2003

It's lunch, I'm sitting here eating my chicken sludge, and watching the clock meander through the day. I feel like I should be doing more, creating a master piece, hell, I'll settle for anything that is above that of simply spanning time till I get to leave. I know that after lunch I will do my chart reviews. Four hours of staring at line after line of 12pt Ariel font text. I'll spend the time checking to see who made mistakes where and noting them. Laughably, all the work I will do will be for nothing, thanks to the bureaucracy incarnate known as the county of orange no one will really care. It turns out all I am doing is noting these mistakes so we can note that they were noted. We won't fix them, we can't. The old computer system was replaced with a newer system that costs millions and does nothing. To feel like a cog in a machine is fine thing, because you know that even though you are tiny, you are important. I am not a cog, I am not a sprocket, I am flotsum set adrift in a bureaucracy's afterbirth. I still work hard, even though no one else seems to. If you work harder all you get is more work, if you don't' work they pass along your work to someone else. Everyone else here works just hard enough to not get fired, which is funny because the paperwork to fire someone is so immense that it's not worth it. What does this gripe mean? Nothing. What will this accomplish? Nothing. What does this make me? Good question. After all, if I can see all this that means I am better than nothing... Right?

and with that I finish my chicken sludge and get back to work.

Original_exile@hotmail.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home