.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Exile Industries: Department of Redundancy Department

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

A Meeting? Just For Me? Awwwww, You Shouldn't Have

There was a meeting scheduled yesterday.

The meeting was scheduled for 8:30 am, but I'm not scheduled to work until
8:45 am, so even though I was ten minuets early for work I was still five
minuets late for my meeting. (luckily the meeting was postponed twenty
minuets, so it all worked out.)

so with much ado about nothing the meeting finally commences.

first I show up with my coworkers followed by my boss.
a while later (as my boss was just about to call off the meeting) the head
of HR walks in with the "former" Owner of the company and the "new owner" of
the company. (my company was recently sold, but that's going to be it's own
blog post.)

the meeting starts out with the "new owner" re introducing him self to us
(we've all met before, but he didn't know who we were). then, the "higher
ups" started talking about new opportunities and how "some people have been
down sized."

(a cold sweat).

be it my imagination or what have you, but all eyes seem to be on me now.
(when did they install a spotlight in the conference room?)

as I start thinking of where to find a cardboard box to clear out my desk
(and possibly live in) they finally say "who's position is going to no
longer be needed"...

My boss.
(bullet officially dodged)

now, I know I've had my differences with my boss (aka Boss Man) but he's
still a pretty good guy. so it's not like I wanted to see him go.

but here's where the title of this post actually ties in (the post titles
have relevance?)

See, the scuttlebutt around the shop was that they were going to let my boss
go. I didn't hear it directly, but the occasional whisper here and there
fueled the rumor machine and soon everyone knew. so by the time I finally
got to the meeting it turned out that everyone in the meeting; My coworkers,
My boss, The head of HR, owners both new and old, everyone knew about my
boss's employment status but me.

so yesterday they had an entire meeting, where they pulled in all the big
wigs, and the remnants of my department all for me. (a meeting which they
scheduled before my shift actually starts.)


ah, bureaucracy


exile

3 Comments:

  • Its cause they see you eating all that diarrhea...you freak them out, and they're scared of you. :)

    HUGS...

    By Blogger Polt, at Wednesday, April 30, 2008 11:55:00 AM  

  • I'm glad you still have a job. We went through the "will I still have a job at the end of the day?" a couple times in the last year (Spousehole's job, since I'm a worthless SAHM).

    Nice of them to have a meeting just for you. Shows how important you are to everyone. :-)

    By Blogger Bunny, at Thursday, May 01, 2008 1:48:00 PM  

  • my heart skipped a beat. don't do that to me next time. :P
    ya, i cared enough.
    thank goodness it wasn't you.

    By Blogger mistipurple, at Friday, May 02, 2008 9:33:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home