.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Exile Industries: Department of Redundancy Department

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Is It Lying If I'm Just Not Telling The Truth?

Ok, before I give you my take on the Title/Topic of this post let me give you the story that brought forth the inspiration for this alleged post.


Friday night I was set up on a blind date. The date was set up through my friend BLTC (Better Living Through Chemistry) , by his girlfriend BAC (Blonde Actress Chick). The motives behind the date were simple, at BLTC's B-day party BAC and I had talked about how when it comes to dating intelligence, for me, far out weighs any trait. I told her that if a girl is stupid she might as well have a hunch and an eye patch (no offence to lumpy pirates, they need love too.) BAC told me about her best friend Megan (sorry, no clever initials on this one), Megan always complain that guys are always after her looks and can never keep up with her intellectually. BLTC later chimed in that Megan was cuter than BAC and trailed off into his own threesome plans. So with that ringing endorsement I decided to go for it. Set up on a blind date with your friends, girlfriends, best friend, what could go wrong?

Friday night steamrolls it's way in and I arrive to BLTC house, I arrive in the nick of time to sit on his couch and watch TV for half an hour. Now running late we drive like the damned to pick up BAC, who is still putting on her makeup. Later still we pick up Megan, now Megan is cute, but not cuter than BAC, in fact, she's quite average. While there's nothing wrong with average, it brings to mind the question of "what else was exaggerated?"

the plan for the evening was a movie and dinner, while it was quite fun to see the Shining on the big screen again, unfortunately, a 3 hour plus movie is not conducive to a date. Upon reaching our seats we all sit down and the date chatter begins. Everything is going well, I make her laugh a little, she's mildly interesting. Then the topic turns to the subject of work.

Exile- so what do you do?
Megan- I teach.
Exile- humans?
Megan- sixth graders.
Exile- so not humans.
Megan- *she chuckles* some of them
Exile- that must be tough
Megan- how so?
Exile- being trapped in a room full of children
Megan- oh *looking at Exile with confusion* So what do you do.
Exile- I work for the county, I work at {blah blah} assigning therapists to minors
Megan- oh wow, you must really like kids.
Exile- um, not exactly
Megan- *more confusion* what do you mean? You work with kids.
Exile- I work with their paperwork, I'm not a big fan of children *shivers at the thought*
Megan- I see...

The date ends there, but it continues on for nearly six hours. The rest of the night consists of the cold shoulder and patronizing conversation. She's now bored and disappointed with me, and we hadn't even had sex (hehehe, ah... Sad...).

Finally, back at her place, we're all concealed in the living room, no movie, no bar with crappy food, nothing but conversation. it turns out talking is very difficult to do when the other person has no interest in talking to you. Things did perk up, how ever as our hostess decided to start doing lines off the kitchen counter. While BLTC and BAC ran to the kitchen like a starving dogs to a can opener I hung back (I'm just not down with the nose candy).

With every line the trio did Megan began to warm up to me, I naturally warmed up to the book of bunny suicides on the coffee table.

I <3>It Lying If I'm Just Not Telling The Truth?
The subject of this conundrum is that of the human spawn often referred to as children and my feelings toward them.

Now it's pretty obvious that I don't like kids, but if I don't say that I don't' like them, I can come across with an air of indifference (it's a combination of my job and lack of enthusiasm for them.) Megan took a great deal of offence to my attitude most likely because she intends to be impregnated, unfortunately I was mainly interested on just having a nice date that night.

So if I had simply not said I hate children (or anything regarding children), I would have most likely had a very palatable date.

This then leads me to the thought that maybe I should use a "templated" answer to the subject. By saying "actually I can't have children, and I'd prefer not to talk about it," I could get away Scott free. This is true because I can't stomach the thought of having children, and I don't really want to talk about it (bleck!)



So now I ask, is it ok to do this? Thoughts?



Exile

Original_exile@hotmail.com

15 Comments:

  • I do not care for children and do not want any.

    I do not care for drugs either.

    I would rather be stabbed then to have a date with someone that was intellectually comatosed.

    You need a little refresher course on what women NOT to date. Teachers and women that work in HR are only doing so until they find a husband to knock them up. You need to ask that next time.

    Love the blog! Thanks for visiting mine!

    By Blogger Blonde, at Wednesday, August 10, 2005 4:58:00 PM  

  • the blonde- i know, it's all you can do to have sex with them before you kick them out (the stupid ones). i need to go back to dating school, but good point about the teachers. i jsut wish i knew a head of time. so what's your stance on the truth thing?

    By Blogger exile, at Wednesday, August 10, 2005 7:24:00 PM  

  • Is it lying if I am just not telling the truth? Depends.

    Some dishonestys are a neccessary form of survival. such as, not telling your gf that her ass looks big in her jeans if she asks you. women faking an orgasm is an innocent lie to not hurt a guys feelings.

    Flat out lying in a way that could be MISLEADING (like telling her you love kids) would be wrong. If it is a topic on the first date, she was just qualifying you for the husband competition anyway. You did her and yourself a favor by being honest.

    There are plenty girls out there that will give you some ass without the topic of kids every coming up. Hang with those girls instead

    By Blogger Blonde, at Thursday, August 11, 2005 7:59:00 AM  

  • the blonde- i suppose you are correct, but there are tons of girls out there that are deciding on the first date if the guy will make a good dad. but you're right, i don't want to be with them.

    i have to firmly dissagree with you on the faking an orgasm thing.

    1st off, that's just telling a guy "you're not very good, but keep doing exactly that."

    2ndly i couldn't imagine a greater insult.

    if i can't make a girl cum that's fine, it means i just have to keep trying. if i do, then i have a "point of reference" for the rest of my work.

    By Blogger exile, at Friday, August 12, 2005 9:26:00 AM  

  • Ah, sweet exile...

    I mean, you chose that name for a reason, right?

    She coulda got that thong on the wrong side of her vulva for any number of reasons--she may have perceived you had no respect for her since she chose to work with children.

    Gotta agree with the blonde about teachers looking for husbands, tho'. I mean, do you know how much teachers earn? Not much of an independent career.

    If you *really* want to put off the breeders, I suggest telling them you have some type of recessive, yet lethal genetic defect. Google one in your spare time.

    Hell, I want to have kids, but that has little to nothing to do with whether or not I date and/or fuck someone--you know, unless you *really* hate children. Even if I was planning on just fucking you for fun, which I actually sometimes think about, depending on how much I perceive you hate children, that may make you sexually undesirable. I mean, even tho' I may have deemed you entirely unsuitable to reproduce, genetically defective in one way or another, and even if I would never, under any circumstance, want anything to do with contributing to the combined genetic material necessary to create your future offspring, depending on how you behave around children and how much you hate them, I still would not want to fuck you or date you.

    I mean, it's like dog-haters. I can't deal with those for long. It severely limits friendship boundaries.

    Also, if someone is teaching children, typically, those people do have some love for kids, 'cause they sure ain't in it for the money, regardless their gender. So I tend to think her rejection was more likely her taking it personally that you hate kids. You know, transference of some sort.

    She probably felt like you hated her since you were so vocal about your hatred of kids. Just not re-emphasizing your deep, abiding hatred for kids would probably have been best.

    But then, hell, I don't get women, either. Maybe better to listen to the blonde!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Sunday, August 14, 2005 6:53:00 PM  

  • richard- well, i've tried the leathal genetic disease thing. turns out women don't want any part of you in their body is anything related to you has a disease.

    it's ironic that i keep finding women with this need to breed. And while i want to give them my "monkey spunk" i don't want them to use it.

    By Blogger exile, at Monday, August 15, 2005 10:46:00 AM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Monday, August 15, 2005 11:01:00 AM  

  • i try and find tom boys, but it seems like girls grow out of that.

    hehehe, monkey spunk. best monkey spunk ever!

    By Blogger exile, at Monday, August 15, 2005 2:08:00 PM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Monday, August 15, 2005 3:44:00 PM  

  • well, i think we cleared up any questions about the lesbiana thing.

    poor jax's neighbors, hehehe

    did she ever fix that tile?

    By Blogger exile, at Monday, August 15, 2005 8:03:00 PM  

  • exile, no, no, no.

    You keep getting it wrong!

    You don't tell them that *you* have a disease!!!

    You google for a recessive lethal, and tell them it runs in your family.

    It would only affect your kids if she has it, too.

    But see, that's why ya gotta google it--ya need to find one that's nearly impossible to test for, like insanely expensive. They're out there. There's one good one that results in a defective heart, and the people who have it are exceedingly tall, but the carriers appear normal, but I can't remember what it's called.

    At the moment, I can't remember the genetic traits of dwarfism, but it's possible you could threaten with that, too. Like the dwarves' kids are typically normal height, as are the carriers, but I can't remember all the specifics.

    Seriously, come up with a good recessive genetic trait that's lethal or deformative. I mean if you want to put off the breedrs.

    (btw, HIV/AIDS is *not* a genetic disease, bunhead! no wonder they're running away!)

    Silly boy.

    Send me email mofo.

    (that's yr last warning! :P )

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Monday, August 15, 2005 9:58:00 PM  

  • what if i just say "but if you're pregnant and we have sex the baby will be born with a dent in his head)

    By Blogger exile, at Tuesday, August 16, 2005 8:43:00 PM  

  • mitzee- where did your posts go?

    By Blogger exile, at Tuesday, August 16, 2005 8:44:00 PM  

  • usually i just wave the gun around, that usually gets the point across

    By Blogger exile, at Thursday, August 18, 2005 2:11:00 AM  

  • By Anonymous Anonymous, at Saturday, February 03, 2007 3:57:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home