.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Exile Industries: Department of Redundancy Department

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Albertson's Adventures

I always enjoyed being nocturnal. There's something interesting going on.

Last night as I finally got out of my office around 11 pm I remembered that I had to pick up a dust pan (for herb's tank). So I stopped at the local 24 hour Albertson's for said dust pan.

On the way in I walked across a little group of skaters milling about the front of the store (3 skaters and a ramp tramp to be precise).
Skater 1: Dude, check it out. (he points to a padlocked freezer)
skater 2: What?
Skater 1: It's dry ice man, this stuff is awesome.
skater 2: we should totally get some
skater 3: I'll put some in my mouth, you dare me?
Skater 1: I know how to make a bomb with it (he was totally lying, fyi).
skater 3: yeah, but look, you gotta be 18 to buy it
skater 1: (to skater 2) wait a second, dude, you're totally 18!

(the ramp tramp never said a word, just kept staring all "doe-eyed" at her skater boy, awwww...)

After I find my dust pan I walk up to the register (of course I pick the register with the cute checker, why not?). As I reach into my pocket I remember that I have a gaping hole and it may be in my best interest to buy a sewing kit.

naturally I ask the checker where the kits are and she looks at me like I asked which isle they keep the dead babies in. Well with me being the way I am I begin to panamime sewing while trying to explain that I intend to actually sew something. (I'm Italian, I talk with my hands, so?)

after a drawn out search for the illusive isle 11 (why can't they have straight isles, no, they have to merge and split, wtf?) I return to the cute checker with my handy dandy sewing kit.

checker: oh good, you found it
exile: yeah, I'm feeling very domestic tonight.
checker: so, you know how to sew?
exile: meh, I figure a guy should know how to sew up a hole in his own pocket.
checker: (scans the dust pan) and doing a little cleaning?
exile: you know I love nothing better than cleaning my apartment after a long day at work.
checker: (gives a bashful smile) work all day, clean all night...
exile: no rest for the wicked
checker: (hands over change) thanks for coming by
exile: thanks for having me
checker: (blushes and turns to next customer)



Moral of the story: Man with hole in pocket feels cocky all day.


Exile

Original_exile@hotmail.com

2 Comments:

  • you're so cocky! ;P

    should a got her number guy!
    as for the skater, i wish he had a put it in his mouth, now THAT woulda been a helluva story.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Wednesday, September 28, 2005 6:16:00 PM  

  • yeah, i should have, but i'm moving, so i doubt a checker is willing to follow me that far out there.

    as for the skaters, it cracked me up with that whole "dude, you're 18!" i remember when turning 18 meant so much. buying cigs, and i guess dry ice. (i should have offered to buy them beer, hehehe)

    By Blogger exile, at Wednesday, September 28, 2005 7:12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home