.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Exile Industries: Department of Redundancy Department

Saturday, August 25, 2007

Happenstance

Sometimes people ask "how did you meet Hella?"

To this i usually answer "I bought her on E-bay, i was looking for a Zamboni you see, but well, she was going for a good price..."

But the real way we met is actually through a chain of happenstances

I'll show you the chain present to past so some of you can say "hey, i remember when that happened."

  • Hella and I have been chatting through blogs and such for over a year. you have to go back pretty far to find our first chatting...-I met Hella through Sassy's blog
  • I found Sassy's blog because she left a comment on Shora's blog (back when Shora used to blog, that is)
  • I found shora nearly 3 years ago in a group of Canadians that i was quite close to for a time. The lead blogger in the group was a guy named Carmine.
  • I found Carmine in a random search. his profile read: "Where to begin? Born in the southern reaches of Canada, I was raised near a park. That about covers it." that was enough to get me to read more. I even did a post about his blog, it's not much, but i didn't have anyone reading at the time.
  • Carmine's blog came up in the search because back in the day if you went to the blogger home page and did a search for recent blogs it would show everyone who posted in the past 5 seconds.
  • I had done the random search because i had just started blogging and i had no one reading my blog.
  • the only reason i started blogging was because it was worth five points extra credit to type out your "daily journaling" on these new things called "blogs". This was my first post ever.
  • the English class i was taking was one i had taken before, but my (at-the-time) friend Josh convinced me to take it with him.
  • I met Josh my first year at Fullerton Jr. College, we probably wouldn't have talked to each other if it weren't for the fact that we sat next to each other.

it's weird to think that any one of these moments could have been missed so easily. a slight change, and i would be without the love of my life. guess there is something to say for luck. Cause i feel pretty lucky to have her.



Eile

Labels:

7 Comments:

  • Awwwww Exile it is crazy how things happen in life. In our circumstance, I wouldn't change it for the world.
    I feel very lucky to have found you and even better to have found love with you!
    I miss you and I love you babe!!
    *MUAH*

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Saturday, August 25, 2007 9:01:00 PM  

  • That is a sweet & touching post.
    Thank God for blogs, Carmine & Fullerton College!:)

    By Blogger Mackey, at Sunday, August 26, 2007 11:29:00 PM  

  • "memmmrieeees, like the corrrrners of my miiiiiind..." Aw, I'm so glad I played even a small part in you two getting together! Maybe we can toast that in person next time you come to the Great White North. MUAH to you both!

    By Blogger Shora, at Thursday, August 30, 2007 9:51:00 AM  

  • hella- a simple twist of fate changed our lives and made us happier than we could have ever imagined. loving you is the best thing in my life. *muah*

    mackey- well, i don't know if god was involved in this one...

    shora- you play'ed a big part, you little (blue) social butterfly! and i'm so down for drinks when i'm up there

    By Blogger exile, at Thursday, August 30, 2007 5:26:00 PM  

  • Things happen for a reason. I'm glad you guys found each other and are in luuuurve! :)

    By Blogger Sassy, at Friday, August 31, 2007 8:06:00 AM  

  • of course you could say the same thing about every single thing that ever happened to you.

    But I wouldn't say that. Other people would. I'll try to stop them.

    By Blogger SkookumJoe, at Monday, September 03, 2007 4:03:00 AM  

  • sassy- we've found love, and it kicks ass

    skookum- of course, there are many of life's events that wouldn't have happened if it wasn't for these instances. (of course there are something that would have happened regardless of what happens)

    By Blogger exile, at Monday, September 03, 2007 3:45:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home