.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Exile Industries: Department of Redundancy Department

Saturday, January 26, 2008

The Meaning Of Forever

Lately this song has been playing on the radio with ominous regularity

Death Cab For Cutie: I Will Follow You Into The Dark
(the video is at the bottom)

every time i hear it, i think of Hella.
I think of her and i think of the meaning of forever

to me, always and forever is not an empty promise. it's not something to say instead of "i love you".

to me it's a reaffirmation of a promise, a promise that my heart will belong to one person and one person only.

dedication
commitment
love

these are things i don't take lightly.

but the focus of the song is not of staying together forever, but rather the other side of always and forever. the side that reminds us of the truth that while love is eternal, we are not.

I've said to her before that "i don't want a life without you," but the truth is that i don't think i could survive a life without you... and really, i wouldn't want to.

I love you Hella, always and forever




Exile

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • This was such a heart felt post Exile.
    I had never heard this tune before...you guys tend to get the new tunes before we do up here...but It's such a touching song.
    I feel it is very appropriate to our feelings.
    I too cannot-Will not imagine my life without you.
    I love you too Exile.
    Always and forever!!
    MUAH

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Sunday, January 27, 2008 11:30:00 AM  

  • hella- if love is a labor i'll slave till the end,
    i won't cross these streets until you hold my hand...

    i found the love i've been looking for my whole life, i'm not giving it up for heaven or hell.

    i love you squisy, *muah*

    By Blogger exile, at Sunday, January 27, 2008 4:55:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home