.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Exile Industries: Department of Redundancy Department

Saturday, May 31, 2008

Go Big, Or Go Home

147

tonight i bowled a 147,
this is a bad thing

see, 147 is decent if you're playing in a situation where the score doesn't matter and everyone is there to have a good time, but not in my family.

in my family it's always a competition, you have to prove your self. when it comes to bowling it's not even a matter of how good you do, it's a matter of who you're better than; and right now I'm the worst. (my brother bowled 167, my mom bowled a one 156 or something)

now, keep in mind that both my mom and i are bowling injured (we're still sore from softball), but even on a good day i can't break 150.

the thing about this is that I'm actually quite ashamed of my score. i mean, here i am with my own ball (btw, can i still call it Ichabod seeing as though it was replaced with an identical ball), my own shoes, and a shoe brush, yet i have such a pathetic score. I'm embarrassed to go bowling with my friends

it sucks, to say the least.

now, I'm not expecting to be the best. with the amount of bowling i do, it would be silly to think such things. but i need to break 160.

but i did come close at one point, i got two strikes in a row, but my third try i left one pin standing keeping me from a Turkey. (FYI, a turkey is when you get three strikes in a row)

one thing that i do know is this, i need to get better one way or another. my dad has offered to coach me, but i can't have him making fun of me or laughing at me (which he does) because not only will i not learn, but I'll get even more frustrated.

I'm not trying to be the best, I just want to give them a good run for their money.






Exile

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

  • We go bowling today if you want. I can guarantee that you'll feel better about your bowling skill. I don't think I've ever bowled over 100 without bumpers.

    By Blogger sprinkles, at Sunday, June 01, 2008 7:45:00 AM  

  • and i don't, of course.
    no sunlight either.

    By Blogger mistipurple, at Sunday, June 01, 2008 2:39:00 PM  

  • 15 years ago I bowled on a league. I was the team handicap, and everyone called me that. I usually had about a 75 point handicap. i think my average was somwhere around 110. the neat thing was, when i bowled a good game, 150-175, with my handicap, i always won the games for us. but I had good teammates.

    There was another team there that sounded like your family. They'd get mad at each other and yell at each other and stuff. how is that fun? It's just a game.

    oh, and call him I2, for Ichabod 2?

    HUGS...

    By Blogger Polt, at Sunday, June 01, 2008 5:42:00 PM  

  • sprinkles- awwwww, you're sweet, but if we play it would acctually be just for funzies.

    misti- you don't what?
    and why no sunlight?
    perhaps you have spent a little too much time in your cage.

    polt- hmmm... i suppose that is true, as far as being the team handicap i think i could play tat role. though i wouldn't want to be the worst one on the team either.

    yeah, well, they don't yell, but it's that quiet redicule that we've all come to know and love.

    i dunno, i never liked naming things "2". i figure if i can't call him ichabod i'll just have to call him Reaper

    By Blogger exile, at Sunday, June 01, 2008 8:04:00 PM  

  • i don't bowl.
    and i can't come out to play.
    the key the key.

    By Blogger mistipurple, at Monday, June 02, 2008 5:38:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home