.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Exile Industries: Department of Redundancy Department

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

My Balls Are Aching

Huh... well, that was fun...

You know who is Ichabod, right?
(my handy-dandy, spooky-kooky bowling ball)

yeah...

well, he's not doing so good
(yes, I'm aware he's a skull, but the undead can get sick too)

the first time i bowled was cool, he rolled, he crashed, he did what had to be done.
but after i bowled i noticed something next to the finger hole... a tiny little crack. i showed it to the guy at the pro shop who drilled the ball. he said "oh, little cracks happen, it's nothing."

The second time i bowled the crack became more pronounced, the shop was closed, and i remember what the guy said. so i ignored it again.

today i decided to sneak into the alley and bowl a few games before i got home.with three frames left of my second game i decided to check the crack... it was now damn near two inches spanning nearly from the index to the thumb.

So what happens now? well, i left Ichabod with the guys at the Pro-shop to which they told me three things that they're going to do.
1. they'll contact the vendor and replace the ball, I'll get it replaced and drilled for free.
2. the vendor won't take it back, i bowl with it till it shatters and they'll give me a discount on a new ball
3. they'll tell me to go fuck my self


Oh well, i guess things could be worse


that guy's ball will never be the same


Exile

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

  • I know that clip is supposed to be funny, and I giggled, after I cringed.

    Oh- and hopefully they'll give you good news about your ball. :)

    Thanks for stopping by my blog. :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Tuesday, May 20, 2008 11:13:00 PM  

  • hislittleslave- yeah, the vid had the same effect on me.

    i'm hoping for good news on my ball. (that reminds me, i need to call the urologist...)

    By Blogger exile, at Wednesday, May 21, 2008 12:28:00 AM  

  • you're having ball problem?
    and ouch, to both; the vid and you.
    but at any rate, yours won't be as bad as his up there.

    By Blogger mistipurple, at Wednesday, May 21, 2008 12:31:00 PM  

  • misti- i know, poor ichabod
    yeah, i just hope that i get this ball situation fixed

    By Blogger exile, at Wednesday, May 21, 2008 9:10:00 PM  

  • I am sorry about your ball cracking. I am afraid the manufacture might try to blame it on the guys that drilled the holes and the guys that drilled the holes will blame it on the manufacture. That is usually how that stuff goes. Good luck. Wishing you a brand new ball.
    xo

    By Blogger Evening, at Thursday, May 22, 2008 5:28:00 AM  

  • Surely they would have to replace the ball under consumer laws? I have studied enough law here to know that they would have to replace it, I would think the US would have similar laws.

    I hope it works out in your favour.

    Ms SD

    By Blogger Sexy Duet, at Thursday, May 22, 2008 6:57:00 AM  

  • That's what you get for drilling holes in your ball. Perhaps you'll be more careful next time!! Maybe you should try duckpin bowling - no holes in the ball.

    (I think it's that type of plastic - my old Columbia cracked and chipped around the fingertip holes (not the thumb, curiously) and it was likely made of the same material as Ichabod.)

    By Blogger Bunny, at Friday, May 23, 2008 11:57:00 AM  

  • evening- yeah, it was all straightened out. my dad acctually went in (cause he's the one that bought the ball) and told them that they were going to replace it... and they did

    sexy duet- well, i dont' know how the consumer laws apply to something that has to be modified. luckily it's all good in the hood now.

    bunny- holes in my balls make them whistle when i run real fast.
    the problem i think is that the acrilic cracks easy, and once it does it just keeps going (just like glass)

    By Blogger exile, at Monday, May 26, 2008 2:44:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home