.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Exile Industries: Department of Redundancy Department

Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Video Game Junkie

I always joked around about my addiction, never giving it much thought. I always said I could control my self, and that it was just a hobby. it was all lies. I'm a total video game junkie. The latest drug of choice is Jak 2. This game rocks quite hard. To those in the know this game came out a while ago, but with the third game in the trilogy on it's way this one was way cheap at Target so I picked it up.

http://www.jakanddaxterlegend.com/
the story goes as follows after Jak and Daxter saved their world in the first game everything was all good in the hood, so to speak. But in this latest installment the game has taken a much darker turn. Jak and Daxter are flung on to a desolate world full of slums and monsters. Upon arriving on the scene Jak is captured by the corrupt baron of this world. For two years Jak is tortured and subjected to bizarre and painful experiments. Now this average teenager like kid is now thoroughly pissed and out for blood. Daxter still tags along as his side kick (which Daxter disputes at ever turn) providing comic relief and assisting in puzzles. Aside from an intoxicating story the graphics are stunning and the worlds are huge. it seems to incorporate aspects of multiple games, from car jacking hover cars to busting out trick on your hover board. With all this going on the new Dark Powers that Jak was inflicted with are quite wicked (and slowly killing him).

If you want to judge it by hours played I played for two hours on Saturday, nearly 11 hours on Sunday, and four hours last night. The main reason this game (and games like it) is that is a perfect mix of puzzles, fighting, and good story. Unfortunately I'm so strung out on the game that all day at working I'm only looking forward to going home and playing and when I'm home I don't stop playing. I guess the only thing I can do is beat the game. Ouch my arm, stop twisting it.




Exile

Original_exile@hotmail.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home