.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Exile Industries: Department of Redundancy Department

Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Invisible Lunch

Ok, we don't always look at the lowest rung of a latter before we step on it, but this has gotten ridiculous. Every day I eat my meager lunch and look forward to half an hour of solitude. During this little break I am officially not at work. I am less of an employee during this time then any other time of the day. So why is it when I'm eating everyone come up to me , give me work, and talk to me about problems they need me to fix? It's like they can't function for half an hour without giving me more work. I never bother anyone during their lunch, I don't say "hey, I know you're eating, but review this chart before you digest your food." Any time I interrupt someone on their lunch they look at me like I just tried to eat my own head. But when it comes to me hunched over my desk eating lunch everyone just walks in piling on the work. I even turn around, face stuffed with food and point to my meal, but they just look right through it. "all I see is an empty desk" they think, "here's some more work." I'm not the kind of person who eats all day and is constantly on lunch, but I'm starting to think I could be. After all, if they can't tell when I'm on lunch, maybe they can't tell when I'm supposed to be on lunch either.

Moral of the story: Don't feed the bears, and then start fucking with them.

Exile

Original_exile@hotmail.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home