.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Exile Industries: Department of Redundancy Department

Monday, November 22, 2004

Procrastination Nation

We are a society of procrastinators, every one puts off now what can be put off till later... And even doing it then is easy. I realize that I am one such person. Currently I am writing a script, two novels, a collection of short stories, and countless articles. They are exactly where they were last year. Granted I have been spit balling ideas in my mind, laying out story, but I haven't put anything on paper since forever. I keep thinking about getting some progress made, but I always find something else to do, or should I say, find something else to not do. It's not exactly writers block, but rather writers malaise.

Everyday I think about the things that would make me want to write. Time to rest and relax, which I spend watching TV, or the thrill of publishing, which requires me to get off the couch... The worst part is I find my self attempting to blame my environment for my current situation. "if I had a job better," "if I had a new apartment," "if I had just had some time to relax." the reason I find fault in blaming my environment for my current state is that my environment forms around me, just like the rest of us.

The only thing that I still retain from my "life as a writer" is this blogg, this data base for potential magazine articles. After all, this is the only reason I've kept this blog running is that I'm storing future ideas for articles. All I need to do now is write them out and gold... Of course I need to find a magazine to write for... And I need to vacuum this weekend... And then there's my homework...


Exile

Original_exile@hotmail.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home