.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Exile Industries: Department of Redundancy Department

Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Handicap Parking

By law the closest parking spots are reserved for the handicapped. This is very fair, after all, they most likely cannot walk very far and should be granted the ability to park where they need to in order to still be Mobil. I'm completely fine with this. What I'm not fine with are the people who are handicapped who are parking in non-handicap areas.

When a parking lot is designed the stalls for handicap parking are labeled clearly that they are for the handicapped only. So if one space (for example) is designated with the blue and white wheelchair logo it is saved for a disabled person, this one spot that I cannot park in. But when the handicap person decides to park in a regular spot they have effectively taken two spots that I could have occupied. After all, I can't park in the spot they're parked in nor can I park in the empty handicapped spot.

To be honest this is just numerically inconsiderate. Just because God took away your ability to walk doesn't mean I have to lose my parking space.


Exile

Original_exile@hotmail.com

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home