.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Exile Industries: Department of Redundancy Department

Friday, August 26, 2005

I Give The Fuck Up

I'm tired of this shit.

I've had it.

I don't want to play any more.

What could I be talking about? Why another terrible date, of course. The last terrible date.

That's right, I was stupid enough to try again.

Now I've run the gambit when it comes to writing up ads. This is the last one (of well over 20) I've written for Craig's List:

If this list describes you then please respond, it means we've been looking for each other.
Do you work so much that you don't have time to date?
Do you ever find your self with a random free night and realize you have nothing to do?
Does your career come first and your personal life come second?
Would you like it to be a closer second?
Do you describe your self as a "T-shirt and jeans" kind of girl?
Do you enjoy physical activities like hiking and snowboarding?
Are you tired of guys flashing cash, but with nothing of substance to offer?
Do you enjoy silliness?
Are you cruising towards your dirty thirties (or in them)?
Do you feel comfortable with your self and your body?
How do you feel about burgers, movies, and a couple drinks?
Do you think effort out weighs grandeur?
Are you often considered brainy or geekish?
Is geekish a word?

If you've said yes to the majority of these then I think we could have a lot of fun. Let's do the ol' photo swap and have some merriment.




Ok, not the best of ads, but it does hold more promise than the other ones (trust me.)
I figure that anyone who answers it will fit into the type that I'd like to go out with. Career minded, and hopefully not psycho. (my bad)

Of the few that respond I narrow it down to three, of the three only one seems worth meeting. I say "would you like to go out for dinner and some drinks after work? Around 7 o'clock?"

So we go walking around the block, all chatty chatty. I make her laugh, I talk, I listen (a guy listen? Get out!) and we conversate. She actually compliments me on how well I hold a conversation compared to other guys she's gone out with. We stop for a beer, I introduce her to Heffenweiser she tells me all about her career. All is good in the world.

I ask if she'd like something to eat and she informs me that the people she lives with are going to make her dinner so she doesn't want to eat with me. (Diddn't you agree to dinner?) Conversation continues and I ask her about her plans for the weekend followed with "well I'd like to see you again."

She replies with "you know what, this isn't going anywhere, I'm only getting a friend vibe from you."

I thank her for her honesty (like a retard.)

I pay the bill and walk her out.

On the way to where I think her car is I ask why she decided it wouldn't work.

She says there's no spark (she must be pretty quick to get that only after an hour). She then comments that being single sucks, but she might set me up with on of her friends (be still my heart).

As we are about to enter the parking lot she asks if I'm parked over "here" to which I reply that I'm walking her to her car. She informs me that she's not parked on this side and that she was following me. She was walking ahead of me the whole time (in hindsight, it was evading).

Finally as I walk her to her car, (about 20 feet away) she tells me that I don't need to walk her to her car. I retort that I'm a gentleman but walk away as soon as she's at the car.



So What The Fuck! This is re-god-damn-diculous. From what I can tell I didn't do anything wrong, I said nothing offensive, I did nothing that would show that I'm a terrible person. Basically I put in the effort to set up this date, I convince her to go out, I put my self out on the line, and then she gives me the thumbs up or down like some roman fucking emperor? Why do I have to expend my self to pursue someone? Did you know that no one has ever pursue me?

While on this trivial date she also told me that guys often see her then talk about how cute she is when she's out of ear shot. Is this where this comes from? Because people want you, you just brush off people based on what you learn from them in under an hour? I'm not even getting a chance. I'm tired of this, tired of being on the receiving end of rejection. it doesn't matter what I do, I pursue her, I have to take her out, I have to pay, then she decides if I was worth it.


Well no more.

I'm done.

I have had less than 3 successful dates in my entire life. I have war stories that would sicken many and terrify others. (EG: I went out on a date with a girl who called another guy on our date to go out with her... That's right, she brought a date on our date.)

This is the new rule on dating from now on: I will not pursue.

If a girl shows genuine interest in me, and fIirts, I will then consider the possiblility of a date, but I will not exert any undue force to make it happen. I will not introduce my self first, I will not ask her out only to find out she has a bf (I hate that, BTW.) I would rather stay at home and play video games then whore out my selfesteem one more time on someone who doesn't really give a shit. I will not get my hopes up for promises or signs. I won't hope for offers unless there is a delivery.

I guess this means I should sign up with Game Fly, because women do not ask out guys, so I better keep my self occupied. (Before you argue this think about the last time you asked a guy out.)


FYI: This train of thought hit the tracks on my trip to Laughlin. I was in the car with my dad and this conversation occurred:

Dad- You know what I just realized Exile, you're the only one here with out a woman. Everyone's paired up but you.
Exile- I tried.
Dad- I'm sure we can find ya something. Your old Dad-do will show find you one.
Exile-um, thanks Pop.


Yeah, a four day trip to Laughlin. Boat, Sea-doos, Water skiing, alcohol, and no one to go with me. (and before you think I'm just bitching about one trip realize this has been every trip).

In summation: I hate dating, I hate being alone around 4 other couples (especially on vacation, and I get less than nothing (negative something.)



Exile

Original_exile@hotmail.com

23 Comments:

  • wow! i had no idea you were going on a date, let alone trying. i thought u were just hangin with jenna....so sorry to hear all this. i won't debate, nor give my opinion...really wouldn't make an inkling of difference.....but i will say this.....sometimes when everything and anything is shit or at least feels like it's shit....that's when u think of the good times, the successful times...whatever they may be....ps...women are HIGHLY overrated, but that's prolly becuz men usually only want to get with them to have sex....that right off the bat gives them the upper hand...the ability to say nei or yea....cheer up....i'm at home by myself being bad. take that as u may ;P (as USUAL...i don't ask guys out EVER....ZERO...so u're right there)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Friday, August 26, 2005 7:17:00 PM  

  • missed each other by 10 min.

    btw, i don't have enough successful times to think back to.

    By Blogger exile, at Friday, August 26, 2005 7:28:00 PM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Friday, August 26, 2005 8:04:00 PM  

  • I'm hoping your Toronto visit is counted on the successful list! Toronto misses you honey. And I think Canadian women are easier to please than Califorians. Perhaps a move......

    By Blogger Shora, at Saturday, August 27, 2005 5:52:00 AM  

  • There's a chance that this woman is into massive game-playing, and is wondering why you're not aggressively pursuing her.

    I lucked out in this score - the woman who became my life literally plopped into my life, sitting on a couch next to me.

    P.S. Her Mitzzeeness suggested that I tell you about this.

    By Blogger Ontario Emperor, at Saturday, August 27, 2005 7:34:00 AM  

  • Mitzzee - can you show me a pic of exile, i'm on to him and his secret identity.

    Exile- i have resurected my blog i have sunken so low i had to wrtie about fanta just to keep it going...

    By Blogger Betty, at Sunday, August 28, 2005 1:53:00 PM  

  • ali- awww, thanks. but i'm guessing you're not looking at personal ads, are ya? hehehe

    shora- well, i did happen to find the greatest girl ever in toronto. cute, smart, sexy... yeah, toronto rocks.

    OE- you know what, dude, you're right, but i just don't want to play that game. i'm tired of chasing girls that have no interest. when did she suggest that?

    betty- such a sneak, and all the way across the pond, no less. i'll post a pic, i swear! but serisouly, fanta? "don't you want'a fanta?"

    By Blogger exile, at Sunday, August 28, 2005 7:31:00 PM  

  • Agreed. Dating Sucks.

    By Blogger Beth, at Sunday, August 28, 2005 7:49:00 PM  

  • QOA- it sucks monkey balls. it's a lot of work just to get laid. hehehe. (side note, when i first typed that first line i left the "t" off of it."

    By Blogger exile, at Sunday, August 28, 2005 7:52:00 PM  

  • mitzee- i know you deleted it, but i do don't have to think hard to remember the greatest time of my life. (what i meant by many succesful times i meant other than ours.)

    By Blogger exile, at Sunday, August 28, 2005 7:57:00 PM  

  • My suggestion is to step away from your computer and meet people through activities. I love sports, so I go to sporting events and meet men that like sports too.

    Do NOT beat yourself up for not being the types your dates are looking for. I would rather wait it out to meet someone with the same interests and intentions as myself. Never sell yourself short and never underestimate your value ;).

    BTW, I fit your description and I am currently available.

    By Blogger Blonde, at Sunday, August 28, 2005 8:26:00 PM  

  • the blonde- meet someone in person? that' crazy talk, CRAZY TALK! this post was mainly me on a really bad night, lots of crap on my mind. that's sweet of you to say, but i have an odd feeling you don't look for people on line anyways.

    By Blogger exile, at Sunday, August 28, 2005 8:51:00 PM  

  • men have the shit end when it comes to dating nowadays.

    it's just our turn, we can complain all we want but it won't change anything.

    see, they don't need us to support them anymore, and who wants to clean up after a slob their whole life?

    you're absolutely right, fuck dating, it is 99.9999% chance going to be a waste of time.

    now, on the other hand, gaming could be a 100% waste of time. gl

    I have recently demoralized myself by placing a match.com ad, which was a total wash, so I have some idea of the space you're coming from.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Monday, August 29, 2005 3:27:00 AM  

  • sorry that was probably too harsh. I just felt like ranting too. Gaming is something I have a love hate relationship with. or is that women?

    fuck it

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Monday, August 29, 2005 4:54:00 AM  

  • Dating is hit or miss and you have to learn to roll with the punches. I wouldn't rule out meeting people online (I have in the passed) but it is better to get out there and make it happen.


    I get the same shit from my family for being single. To them, my not being married is a mortal sin. I am the child of Irish immigrants, and as far as they are concerned there is something wrong with a girl that doesn't want to married. I am a spinster. Truth is, I haven't anyone worth committing to. Though I have been engaged twice, but never married.

    Again, I am available for you ;).

    By Blogger Blonde, at Monday, August 29, 2005 5:39:00 AM  

  • EXILE!!! WAKE UP!!!

    THE BLONDE is basically telling you she WANTS YOU! WHY NOT GIVE IT A TRY! WOOT! WOOT! for THE BLONDE! she lurves monsieur Exile.

    ya neva know....!!!!

    everyone makes good points here and rayray....suck it up...you're a cool guy....u just got stuck with the wrong girl the first time.

    now then: an ode to exile:

    he's sexy, smart, cute, funny, clean, has style, and KNOWS HOW TO TREAT A WOMAN!!!!! that would be the add I would place for you...and it's ALL TRUE. I KNOW FIRST HAND. he's AWESOMERAD! go get em tiger! grar!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Monday, August 29, 2005 7:16:00 AM  

  • ray ray- so we've both been left all by our selves playing with our joy sticks?

    the blonde- it's the same way, except for my family they all pride themselves on the conquest, not the commitment. that's my brother is the golden child, he's the mock player. you're such a doll for being available for me, but how available are you? available to split a pitcher of beer or two? (i'll bring the chaser)

    mitzee- you're my favorite cheerleader, you know that? you're one of the few people that can always cheer me up (even wne i'm an ass). thank you. i should give it a woot woot try, but i have no idea where she is in the real world. only one way to find out hehehe.

    By Blogger exile, at Monday, August 29, 2005 12:02:00 PM  

  • ya exile, it's called check your statcounter! he he he

    im me and i'll explain the whole post more than one pic at a time thingy...it's easy peasy...ok? ok.

    and you're NEVER an ass.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Monday, August 29, 2005 1:11:00 PM  

  • mitzee- i'll im you tonight. oh, and what stat counter? hehehe

    By Blogger exile, at Monday, August 29, 2005 2:02:00 PM  

  • I am 100% available at the moment.

    I always have time to drink up with a desirable man that dislikes children ;).

    By Blogger Blonde, at Monday, August 29, 2005 3:02:00 PM  

  • attractive, available, and hates children?

    why i do belive i have the butterflies.

    but i got to know, why are all the desirable woman on the other side of the country? is there something about the east coast?

    (except for ali, she's west coast and cool.)

    By Blogger exile, at Monday, August 29, 2005 4:44:00 PM  

  • i shall refrain from saying what i was going to say.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Monday, August 29, 2005 5:45:00 PM  

  • no no, no refrainment, what were you going to say?

    come on, spill it. hehehe

    By Blogger exile, at Monday, August 29, 2005 6:22:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home