.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Exile Industries: Department of Redundancy Department

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Spending The Weekend With The Mentally Disabled

So, this weekend I decided to do some charity work for the Mentally Disabled.

It wasn't for money.
It wasn't to balance karma.
It wasn't with an organization.

And the person isn't handicapped.


Joe Credible

Yeah, so this is my brother. Recently he bought a condo in the same complex as me and his place was, well, barren. He had nothing. No food, no cleaning supplies, nothing.

So I had him make a list, which he had 14 things on it, and after my revisions, the list doubled. To make matters worse, he had no idea where to shop or even how. So I spent all day Sunday taking him to Big Lots first, then upgrading to Target, then Cost-co.

See, the boy lived in a house with two other guys who basically did everything, so as far as he knew all this stuff I used to do was all weird stuff I did all on my own. I showed him how to get discounts at Target, and what things are better to buy at Big Lots than at real stores.

When I finally got him back home I began programming his garage door openers, remotes, and so on to get him situated in his place.

At the end of the day I realized we missed Cost-co, so I took his list and picked up all the stuff he needed while he was at work. I bargain shopped like the damned but now the kid has stuff. Yeah, $190 worth of stuff.

Keep in mind, before I started his fridge and freezer combined only had 2 beers, 1/2 a bottle of water (he stole from me), and a yellow substance frozen to the bottom of the freezer.

Some people say it's nice to feel needed, but it feels better knowing he's not going to be borrowing any more of my stuff.
Exile Original_exile@hotmail.com

8 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home