.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Exile Industries: Department of Redundancy Department

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Weekend Update

Hello all you happy bloggers out there, I know you’ve all missed me, but now that I am firmly plugged back into the information pipeline I thought I’d give you an update on the weekend.

As you recall I was quite excited about my rafting trip, and for good reason. I’ve never been white water rafting before but it’s a blast. The thrill and the excitement of going into a potentially dangerous situation is always a rush.

Our raft was the best raft in the water. The crew consisted of myself, Peaches, Curt and his girlfriend, and Sharron (all friends of Peaches) and Capt’n Bob. Capt’n Bob was one of those old guys who knew the river like his woman. Well, not so much his woman, but a woman. Regardless, he knew exactly what he was doing, instead of making us row like the damned he only made us do percision strokes, this meant we could enjoy the rapids rather than work ourselves to death. It too me a while to get my rythum, but eventially I perfected my stroking (hehehe).

On the river there are times when the water is calm enough to jump in, or in our case, sack the other boats. We dominated every water fight we got into. Essentially our key to victory came from Curt’s Bucket Kung-fu, my Sharp Shooting with the pump gun, and the girls manuvering the raft into striking position. (btw, incase you’re wondering the girls rowed, they didn’t just sit there, they were move’n that raft.)

The second day we were a well oiled machine, hangovers aside we awsome. We were so good that we acctually became the rescue boat. The first raft flip we saved two people from the rapids (this isnt’ an exacgeration, just keep reading.) The first we saved was Briana, a whispy 14 yearold (she comes into play later…) and her friend’s dad Mike (a huge dude.) Briana was easy to scoop up, but mike had already gone down into a nasty spot in the rapids, our boat rowed against the current to rope him, it took a while, but we finally got him safly over the rocks and back down stream. The next set of rapids were even uglier, they had a name like Satan’s Endtrials or something. Our raft went down first and we kicked major ass, the other rafts weren’t so lucky. One raft went high on it’s side and was about 50/50 on tipping, then another raft crashed into them flipping both rafts.

In the middle of these rather nasty rappids it became a veriable “people soup” heads were bobbing everywhere and people were strugling to get out of the water. Luckily our raft rocked so much that we were able to get out there and start scooping up people. We pulled a guide out of the water and a 13 year old named Megan. Unfortunately in our fight to pull everyone else in we were run a ground by another boat. In the end one person broke their leg by we managed to save a few.

It’s kinda odd to say, but it was awsome getting to play hero for a while.

At night at the camp the alcohol was free and so was the food, and man was it good. I know what you’re thinking, and yes, campfire weenies are usually quite tasty.
roast

But this was no mere camp out, can you say “steak and lobster?” Now, I will admit that the lobster was a bit “teenie” but they were still quite good and the steak was perfect!

Acctually, durring the trip the only physical injury I recived was a wrenched shoulder and elbow, ironically not from the rapids, but because I was beat up by two 14 year old girls… (is this a long enough pause or are they still laughing?) The story behind this goes as follows, there were these two 14 year old girls, Taylor and Brianna (the same one we fished from the water), and they were bored. Seeing as though I was bored too I played vollyball with them and so on. mid game they started a water fight with me and it was all in good fun. Later that day they wanted to play again, but being the old man that I am I just wanted to hang out by the water. unfortunately this did not fit into their plans and they pelted me with skittles and water. I told them “keep it up and I’ll get you back” to which they simply snickered. Needless to say I got my vengance. Right before we were going to take a bus ride into town I grabbed my pump gun and tuck it in one of the coolers filling it with ice water. from there it was a quick run until I caught up to them and blasted them both in the backs. (in 100+ degree weather it’s not like it was that bad). So the girls tried to take the gun which I wasn’t about to give up. They pulled and were acctually starting to break my grip (I swear it was like fighting three 14 year old girls), I was about to just let go and let them fall on the ground untill I realized they were right on the picknic benches, so I tightened my grip and they twisted the gun.

It kinda hurt at first.
Then it got worse.
Then worse.

I became naucouse with pain, buy the time we got to town I had turned grey-ish. I was dizzy with the pain, finally I decided to walk back to camp. On my little walk I nearly fell off the side rail of a bridge. Finally I had to stop and rest, while motionless (and still dizzy) I saw Peaches and Sharon walking to a resturaunt so I met back up with them and pleaded for some ice. After iceing my shoulder for a while I finally started to come back, it stopped hurting enough to eat, but it still kinda hurts but there were no hard feeling on either side of the water fight.

(yes, I go rafting and get injured fighting little girls…)

Unfortunately the pain in my shoulder wasn’t the only pain to come from this trip, six minuets after exiting the bus Peaches broke up with me. Leaving out details I just don’t want to go into, she felt that there was no reason to stay with me any more.

So aside from losing my girlfriend this was a great trip.



Exile

Original_exile@hotmail.com

27 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home