.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Exile Industries: Department of Redundancy Department

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Medical Insurance Is Neat!

So i finally have medical insurance now, and man does it feel good.

For those of you out side the state, let me explain. In America you can go to a doctor for free, get all your ailments tended to, and get all the medication you need... So long as you're in prison. As a free honest citizen, however, paying for medical treatment is so astronomical in cost that it is neigh impossible. If you have medical insurance the cost for treatment and the like decreases drastically, but the insurance is still very expensive. The only recourse is to work at a job where your medical insurance is included as a benefit with your job. In other words you must sell your soul to save your flesh.

Now, as for my self, I was fucked over by my employers on the medical benefit side of things for so long that the least they could have done was give me the common courtesy of a "reach-around." but alas, no, no benefits meant i for years i couldn't go to a real.

when i say years i mean years, i think the last real doctor i went to was when i was at least seven years ago.
when i say "real doctor" what i mean is a doctor who isn't practicing in a tool shed.

See, to get "treatment" like antibiotics and STD screens (don't look at me like that, i like to be safe) i had to go to the school doctor. Junior College school doctors are terrible, you'd think they'd know anatomy better seeing as though they spend so much time with their heads up their asses. Essentially it's self service medicine.

But today i actually got to go to a real doctor and had insurance to boot! It was kinda funny because i didn't realize what bad shape i was in until i saw the doctor's reactions to my ailments. Just to give you an idea, here's an abridged list of my medical issues:

two bad shoulders damaged at the gym.
respiratory ailments (black mold in my old office)
horrible stomach issues
possible digestive track damage (reread that last one)
joint pain
Possibilities of anxiety and depression
lack of medical treatment for 7 years ("what vaccinations?")
zero medical records
and yadda yadda yadda

Long and the short of it, I'm a mess.

The one cool thing about this guy is that he's actually on my side on things. Usually people tell me that my medical concerns are all in my head (esp. The school doctors). But he hooked me up with a few free samples and a prescription for more goodies (better living through chemistry).

I have an appointment tomorrow to a bunch of tests so you know I'm looking forward to that.

on thing i do like about this doctor is that they said my appointment was at 12 and i saw the doctor AT 12 O'CLOCK! Usually it takes at least an hour.

Yes, i know it's lame to be excited about going to the doctors, but when you've gone this long with out it. But I'm still not looking forward to going to the dentist.



Exile

Original_exile@hotmail.com

24 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home