.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Exile Industries: Department of Redundancy Department

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

A Taste Of Passion

I am a creature of passion.

It is my driving force.

Though passion I become inspired to write and savor the things that make life worth living. Without it I become a cold and bleak, a husk.

Imagine, if you will, a great web, each silky thread tying together the different talents and abilities I possess. Romance, life, writing, health, all these things are entwined in these webs, connected. The strands of this web is formed by passion it's self and as the passion is diminished so is the strength of the web, eventually these abilities slip through the web, and fade away.

My ability to write is often the first and most dramatically affected; with out a passion for the words, every piece of writing becomes hollow and stale. Where before I would write as a means of making my thoughts tangible, ultimately the act of writing became a labor that I was forced to endure. My creative side ached as I watched myself mill out hack quality work. Eventually I found that I’d rather not write then to put forth more tripe into the world already filled to the brim.

Without passion, I could feel the machine inside me grinding to an eventual halt, soon life, health, and laughter all follow in step.

You never know how hungry you can be until you’re starving, and much like food, there is no substitute for passion. There is no quick fix, no casual encounter that can fully replace the sensation of passion.

Passion is something that is as far beyond mere sex as sex is beyond a simple handshake. Passion in it’s purest of forms is something that fills every breath, drives every movement, and fuses with every molecule of your being. The only way to honestly experience passion to this degree is to share it with someone who thirsts for it, hungers for it, and appreciates it. It can be expressed through a kiss, a touch, a look, or even through words. Passion can only be felt in a place deep inside us, a place that feels eternally empty until it is filled to the brink of rupture.

Finding someone to truly share pure passion with is rare.
So rare, that the stars themselves align with greater regularity.

Passion is the essence of life, the rational conclusion to being. And while it may often lie beyond the most difficult obstacles life can set before us, basking in those fleeting moments make everything worthwhile.

For those starving for such illusive bliss I ask, “what would you do for a taste of passion?”




(3 more days)

Exile

Original_exile@hotmail.com

11 Comments:

  • The question is "what would I do for a taste of passion?"

    I feel with passion you have to open yourself up to the other person and really feel a connection.
    I live for those moments when you find someone who really understands you and the two people can just let go and enjoy those moments of passion!
    So what would I do for a moment of passion....pretty much exactly what I am doing right now....allowing it to happen!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Tuesday, October 10, 2006 4:41:00 PM  

  • What would i do?

    To quote myself: anything

    This is art: "...You never know how hungry you can be until you’re starving, and much like food, there is no substitute for passion..."

    So versatile and so true. It tickled my mind, remained, so i needed to tell you. i like phrases that tickle my warped head.

    What's in 3 days?
    Ohh, the weekend!!!

    it all makes so much sense. But, is that it?

    By Blogger Darklord, at Tuesday, October 10, 2006 7:24:00 PM  

  • I long for the days when butterflies in the stomach accompanied first kisses.

    By Blogger Randi, at Tuesday, October 10, 2006 8:21:00 PM  

  • passion comes and goes.
    when it goes, i read a book to bring it all back. i meant "success stories", what were you thinking?

    seriously, i cannot move without passion. i die without passion. passion drives me to do my work better. and yes, i am mostly work and nothing else.

    By Blogger mistipurple, at Tuesday, October 10, 2006 8:43:00 PM  

  • Passion is one of those things that sometimes you have to work at to keep it around.
    Yes you're right, it's way more than just sex too... It's a spark, it's a twinge in your stomach, it's a look that only you know how to decipfer.
    I agree with Hella though... it's one of those things that you just have to let happen...
    (enjoy yours btw) ;)

    By Blogger Robyn, at Wednesday, October 11, 2006 6:27:00 AM  

  • What would I do?

    Hmmm...fifty bucks on the corner of 5th and Central Ave. ;)

    Steve~

    By Blogger Steven, at Wednesday, October 11, 2006 8:54:00 AM  

  • hella- the connection so rare and so beautiful, just like the person you choose to share it with
    mmmmmm.... explodey....

    fucktoy- did you know that this also parallel's the romantic view of the vampiers? an undying thurst for the very essence of life, they sink their teeth into the most passionate part of the body (that can be shown on day time tv) and drink it all in

    randi- even through all their trampleings, sometimes they still flutter

    misti- you are far more than work, unless your work is being so cute! hehehe. i agree, without passion i am nothing

    robyn- anything worth while is worth working at. that spark must be allowed to grow. it should always be encouraged to "let happen."

    steve- so we've gone from selling a book to selling our ass have we steve?

    By Blogger exile, at Wednesday, October 11, 2006 9:50:00 AM  

  • Good question.
    I'm not answering.
    I'll feed off the passion of others for awhile I think...this house can't handle more then what its got right now.

    Wow I sound like a total pervert if you read that in the right context....oops.

    By Blogger Sassy, at Wednesday, October 11, 2006 3:13:00 PM  

  • sassy-
    "are the eyes in that picture watching us?"

    "no, but the chick behind the curtians just sneezed"


    and yes, you do sound like a pervert, any context
    that's why we wuv you!

    By Blogger exile, at Wednesday, October 11, 2006 3:46:00 PM  

  • Yeah I am all about the butterflies in the tummy feeling you get when you do find someone to connect with......*sighs* ;)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Wednesday, October 11, 2006 4:20:00 PM  

  • hella- flutter flutter

    By Blogger exile, at Wednesday, October 11, 2006 4:35:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home