.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Exile Industries: Department of Redundancy Department

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Take This Job And Shove It...

This job is a blight on both my life and my soul.

Today was excruciatingly terrible.

See, one of my biggest pet peeves is when I'm made to feel like I'm an idiot when I'm quite the opposite.

Here's the deal.
when I was trained, I got a shot gun training. Every day I was swamped with information but the truck load. Now, I'm a smart guy, I used all my skills to retain every procedure. All with out notes (I wasn't given time to write them).

the problem with this job, is that you needed months, even years, of experience to handle the situations that arise. When someone asks "does this part look good" I need to have an answer. If I pull the parts and I'm wrong I can cost the company thousands of dollars, if I'm wrong and I let them through that means that those thousands of parts will wind up in the hands of the customer. If they kick it back, it's going to cost even more.

In spite of the questions I have to check the measurements of the parts to make sure they're all within specification. This alone is a 9 hour job, but every half hour someone brings in parts that need checked as ISI (Initial Setup Inspection). Well... The bitch of the ISIs is that until I do them the engineers, the operators, the technicians, and god him (or her) self sits and waits for me to run these programs. Why? Because no one wants to produce 10,000 parts that are all trash.
it took me six hours to run the program because I wasn't moving fast enough, I have no idea how to calculate what this cost the company or what it will cost me.

I'm just so tired of it, the worst part is I can't get away from it. I get to work at 6:30 am, I work till 3:30 pm, I go home and I'm so exhausted that the next 3 hours blink by. After that, I spend my time dreading the fact that I have to force my self to sleep at 9 so I can wake up for work.

I'm so down over this job that I feel like just vomiting up my soul. I haven't had a good day of work since I started. Today was an excellent example of this. My day was so bad that I came home crawled into bed and slept for nearly 4 hours...

When I got up I realized something, FUCK THIS JOB!
I've taken on too much responibility for this job.

1. My training sucked (I hate when people treat you like crap because you don't already know what they know.)
2. My coworkers treat me like crap (condenseding over tones)
3. This is just a job, not my career (what career?)
4. If I get fired:
(A) I can get a better job (because what could be worse?)
(B) I'd rather be on unemployment (then I could blog, hehehe)
5. I don't need this job to remind me that I'm a failure (I have enough self loathing to fill that position)

So my new position on the job goes as follows:
I will work to do as much of my job as I can, because honestly, it's not worth it to care any more.




Exile

Original_exile@hotmail.com

12 Comments:

  • Like you said, this is a job not a career. You know how I feel, and you know you are NOT a failure. I think the best advice is do the job as best to your abilities, and don't let the shitty people around you pull you down into their abyss...you are better than that!
    Keep your chin up....*muah*

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Wednesday, November 29, 2006 5:15:00 AM  

  • Aww, Exile sweetie, I wish there was something I could say to make it all better.

    How about, We're all thinking of you and pulling for you? If you were here, I'd massage all that stress away...in a non-sexual manner, of course. :)

    HUGS....

    By Blogger Polt, at Wednesday, November 29, 2006 5:29:00 AM  

  • There is nothing worse than hating your job. It's the thing we spend most of our time doing and to hate it makes you feel like crap every single day. I say start looking for other options... hopefully something will fall in your lap soon.... =)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Wednesday, November 29, 2006 6:27:00 AM  

  • If you are at all like me, you're an overachiever that wants to be fast and perfect. Look around you, dude. The slackers GET BY. You can slack. Save your sanity.

    By Blogger Randi, at Wednesday, November 29, 2006 9:49:00 AM  

  • start looking for another, but keep this one still. that way, you might not feel so bad. if it does pull you down that badly, i guess you should just give notice. is it tough to get a job out there? at your age? should be okay huh! and... ya.. HUGS!

    By Blogger mistipurple, at Wednesday, November 29, 2006 3:07:00 PM  

  • Let it go.
    Fuck em all..do only what you can. They'll have to cope.
    Working isn't your life...it should never be. Chin up babe!

    Steal something...always makes me feel better. Although I don't quite know what to do with all these pencils and crayons...

    By Blogger Sassy, at Wednesday, November 29, 2006 6:57:00 PM  

  • Aw, sweetie! Fuck them. Don't you know that the American work philosophy is to just do enough to get by? It's not like you're Mexican and picking produce...oh wait. Okay, bad example.

    Anyway. Why do you have to be there so early anyway? That's sucky hard core.

    And the only thing that should be doing that is someone's mouf!!

    (I'm drunk, in case you couldn't tell...)

    By Blogger Ghetto Photo Girl, at Wednesday, November 29, 2006 7:30:00 PM  

  • I hate my job too so I know what its like waking up and dreading going in. Tough this one out for now and start looking for something else. Im not sure about the US but it is much harder to get a job here if your not already employed.

    Stay positive :)

    Ms SD

    By Blogger Sexy Duet, at Wednesday, November 29, 2006 7:34:00 PM  

  • hella- i'll do my best, regardless of if it's good enough for anyone else

    polt- that's my polt, always pull'n for me

    robyn- i have 28 more days till it falls into my lap, hehehe...

    randi- yeah, i need to learn to slack off... after all, when you work hard you often just get more work

    misti- can one get paid for sex? cause if so, i know what i wanna do when i grow up.

    sassy- well, today i litterally crashed a $10,000 piece of equipment and just shrugged it off. that's nearly balance

    GPG- well, i don't pick produce...

    SD- yes, but you're able to do naughty things in your office, so it can't be all that bad. hehehe

    By Blogger exile, at Wednesday, November 29, 2006 8:13:00 PM  

  • Okay, there is a book you need to read. I'm going to try to remember what it is called and will get back to you about it!

    xoxo

    By Blogger Shay, at Wednesday, November 29, 2006 9:46:00 PM  

  • I always wondered what you did.

    By Blogger SkookumJoe, at Friday, December 01, 2006 2:32:00 AM  

  • shay- hollywood wives?

    skook- yep, i bitch all day long

    By Blogger exile, at Sunday, December 03, 2006 11:05:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home