.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Exile Industries: Department of Redundancy Department

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

4 am

I drifted off earlier...

In my dream I recalled visiting the Performing Arts Center as a kid. It was a field trip in which our class was to be exposed to music and culture. Most of the kids thought it was nothing more than the music teacher's means of performing a 4 hour torture on an entire class of children. Oddly enough I actually enjoyed the show. I had never seen an orchestra before and was surprised at how well all the music could rise and fall drawing on so many emotions.

But my dream wasn't about the music, but rather the feeling I had from being sealed in the auditorium. Sound didn't travel the same way it did in the rest of the world, no echo, no reverberation.

It was almost like I was embraced in silence.

But it wasn't' long until the silence began to consume me, fear began to set in.

Even as I walked down the ramp leading to the out-side-world. The sensation of sound was not returning. I felt something tugging on me, wrapping it's self around my throat and pulling me back into the auditorium. With one hand reaching for my throat my other arm thrashed about.

My eyes opened as I continued to thrash about in bed, sitting upright my wind-pipe disengaged from the mucus brought on from this terrible virus. It was just enough to let air back into my lungs.

This was two hours ago (2 am to be precise) when I woke up choking for air. I rushed into the bathroom choking on phlegm and feebly attempting to catch my breath. My eyes were red as if I had been strangled.

I attempted to go back to sleep, but only to the same ends (just not to the same degree). My fate seems to be paralleling that of the Elephant Man (the laying down thing, not the deformation thing).

I'm going to go to the doctors today for a prescription and a note excusing Exile from gym class.

oh, and in case you're wondering...
In hell, there is still nothing on basic cable.



Exile

Original_exile@hotmail.com

12 Comments:

  • Awwww I was hoping that this bug of yours would die off on its own. I am glad you are going to the doctors!
    Hopefully you will be able to get some quality sleep soon!
    Funny, my basic cable keeps playing only old Brady Bunch re-runs....oh god...help me!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Tuesday, November 14, 2006 5:06:00 AM  

  • hella- marsha marsha marsha!

    i just hope the doc will see me, cause like it or not, i'm not leaveing with out a note. i've already lost nearly 3 days worth of work.

    that's grounds for termination without a note.

    By Blogger exile, at Tuesday, November 14, 2006 5:13:00 AM  

  • Thank GOD, you're going to a doctor. Waking up, choking on phlegm is NOT a good thing!

    Drink lots of tea, and stay warm and rest. Oh, and having someone to cuddle with is always nice too...NOT that I'm volunteering or anything. nope. uh-huh, not me. Nope-arooney. :)

    HUGS...

    By Blogger Polt, at Tuesday, November 14, 2006 6:35:00 AM  

  • Aww.. poor sick guy.....

    I used to have a reacurring dream that was very strange.. I can't even explain it but anytime I had it, I'd end up pretty sick afterwards.. like it was warning me or something......

    By Blogger Robyn, at Tuesday, November 14, 2006 7:23:00 AM  

  • daytime tv sucks donkey dick.

    By Blogger Randi, at Tuesday, November 14, 2006 10:01:00 AM  

  • hot water. not burning hot. helps to dislodge those phlegm.

    and, coca cola with a wedge/slice of lemon. squeeze a little juice, leave the slice inside the coke. try a little, not sure if it will help, but it helped me with my phlegm. it's popular in hongkong. i tried it one day out of desperation. somewhat helped. it brought the phlegm out easier. well, coke has been known to remove rusts, and is corrosive, so i guess they might do throats too. it's sugary so go easy incase you find that it adds to the mucus build up.

    By Blogger mistipurple, at Tuesday, November 14, 2006 10:26:00 AM  

  • eh... pour the coca cola into a glass k? not sure about lemon slice in the can. reaction i mean.

    By Blogger mistipurple, at Tuesday, November 14, 2006 10:27:00 AM  

  • Your still sick.... Holy its a good thing your going to the doctor today. Try horking out the phlem (lol) that tends to help a bit... Day time cable is a joke im watching cartoons at the moment,,

    Hope you feel better soon!

    By Blogger Hollz, at Tuesday, November 14, 2006 12:47:00 PM  

  • Oh no, sounds horrible! Even the word "phlegm" is icky.

    Hopey you're better soon honey. xo

    By Blogger Shora, at Tuesday, November 14, 2006 6:54:00 PM  

  • you're breathing good? hugs.
    a bitch has much to worry nowadays. haizz..

    By Blogger mistipurple, at Wednesday, November 15, 2006 3:20:00 PM  

  • polt- man, you put the homo in homeopathic medicine. hehehe

    robyn- hmmmmm.... a dream doctor...

    randi- you've been visiting the same websites i have, haven't you?

    misti- atleast you didn't recomend pop-rocks and soda KA-BOOM!

    hollz- there aren't even any good cartoons these days... poke'mon my ass!

    shora- mine is an adheisive!

    misti- awwwww, isn't a master supposed to take care of his bitch?

    By Blogger exile, at Wednesday, November 15, 2006 10:51:00 PM  

  • this bitch does not take things for granted. hugs, my master. are you feeling better today? *hurries prepares soda Ka-Boob*

    By Blogger mistipurple, at Thursday, November 16, 2006 8:04:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home