.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Exile Industries: Department of Redundancy Department

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

HSNT- High School Nekk'ed Thursday

Let's all go back shall we?

To the days of three dollar lunches, being cool cause you had a car, and fake id's...

Ah...

Can you feel the fond memories of High School washing over you?

Yeah, me neither. But I do feel the traitorous visions of being judged by standardized tests and worrying that being slower than the rest of the kids in your PE class was going to screw up your GPA.

The funny thing is that regardless of how you remember your High School years we still have strong ties to them. A cross between building character and tearing down self esteem.

Seeing as though these "elastic" memories are always pulling us back, this HNT is dedicated to the tattered remnants that we still carry around from those years past. (No, I'm talking about the emotional scars, but the clothes we had to wear back in the day.)

In High School I was a small kid. I was barely 5' nuth'n till my senior year. Because my mom believed I would hit my growth spurt at any given moment. Be cause of that my mom either bought me clothes way too big, or I got nothing at all.

This went for my PE Uniform as well.

The first day of class that I had to dress out they came down to my shins, while this was the style, it was also an invite to being "pants-ed." Of course, being a scrawny sickly geek was also an invite.

Of course when the summer before senior year came that all changed. I grew nearly 8 inches in one summer (not just in my pants either!)

I didn't bother buying new shorts because I only had one PE class my senior year. Being so worn out over the years they became quite comfy, so eventually the shorts transitioned into "Pj's"

So now they are exposed for the world to see, and as you can see by the way they hang on me, some days so am I...

Shorts 1

Shorts 2


Happy HNT everyone!


Let's all go back, to those High School Daze shall we?




Exile

Original_exile@hotmail.com

Labels:

22 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home