.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Exile Industries: Department of Redundancy Department

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Clean’n Out Some Cobwebs

Seeing as though I'm going to start my new postion soon (which means far less daytime blogging) I thought I'd expunge some of the arbitrary through that have been brimming over in my mind. Enjoy the barrage of bullets.

· I used the word arbitrary in the last sentence because I’ve noticed that there are hundreds of blogs out there that use the word “random” in the title, hell, I’ve used it tons of time on my own blog. (Thank you MS Word Thesaurus for saving me from my own redundancy)

· A while back I mentioned that my parents were looking to “borrow” $5000 from me, I found out this weekend that they only asked me for money, not my brother. Boy I like being the responsible one.

· On Saturday I went cruising around town with my brother to help him scout for new jobs and found out there are two television stations right down the street from me. Now, where’s that resume?

· The doctor called me back (well, the nurse called) about my blood work and asked me point blank “do you drink a lot of monster?” yeah, turns my liver is at 3 times the level it’s supposed to be at due to drinking a can every morning. I asked if this was anything serious and she said she wouldn’t tell me until I came in for a physical… yeah, I’m not nervous.

· I finally put my fish tank together. It’s an amalgamation of bits and pieces of stuff I either got on sale or for free. All it needs now is glass for a lid, some rocks, and the fish will shortly follow! Yes pics will be posted… No, I won’t be naked in them… Yes, I know you’ve lost interest…

· I have come to grips with the fact that my Kumquat tree is dead. It picked up a strain of “scale” (from a jasmine plant I bought on sale). These things popped up all over it and drained it dry for months. All the poisons I bought to kill them off did nothing, because no one could identify what the hell these things were. (They were purple lumps with white spots). Turns out that it was such an unusual strain that it only grows on vine plants, so the long and the short of it is that my Kumquat tree had aids.

· I desperately need to donate blood, not because there is a shortage (which there is), but because my nosebleeds are getting worse. (I was 15 min late to work today)

· Every day at 5:00 on the dot the girl that works upstairs goes home, I usually take my time because I’m usually late showing up. A few weeks back she decided to share here insight with me that “the reason you don’t rush to get out of here every day is because you don’t have anyone to go home to.”

· I was reading this weeks Post Secret and came across this one: Hobo Spider
Made me wonder how many little mistakes I’ve made still haunt other people.

· This morning I thought to my self “maybe I should get back into taking my vitamins so I can be healthy.” I just noticed that the expired in March.

· My truck is so filthy that now has a natural theft deterrent (not like the AM/FM cassette player isn’t tempting enough).

· I’m in the mother of all ruts. I was thinking about the whole “what do I want to do when I grow up” thing, and I figure I should get into video editing. (I remember being quite a natural at it in high school.) The more I thought about it the more I realized that my main reason for why I’m not doing it yet is because I keep letting myself get tied down to things. For example, right now I’m holding off on doing things with my life because I own my condo and have to make payments on it. Part of me thinks that the best idea would be to just rent out my room and leave my roommate Amber in charge of my place while I move far away from my life here and focus solely on advancing my career… of course, part of me also wants to be a crime fighter…

· People at work love giving me really ambiguous projects cause they figure I have nothing else to do with my time but go off of the limited information they’ve given me to get their project done. The pisser is that they’re right.

· There’s a Muslim church (Mosque?) down the street from my office. We have no interaction with them save for the fact that once a week they all gather there and park their cars in our parking lot. As much as it pisses us off no one ever complains because we don’t want to appear racist.

· My family decided that this year instead of buy presents for everyone, we would draw names and one person would spend $200 on only the name they drew. I don’t think they realize that I don’t spend over $200 on the entire family…

· Women have a career option than men never get, they can opt to be a “stay at home Mom.” I mean sure, there are guys that try and do this, but they’re no longer regarded as men.

· Last week I had to wear a pair of old dress pants to work (the regular ones were in the laundry). Well as it turns out these pants (which I’ve had issues with in the past) must have shrunk sitting at the bottom of the drawer because when I put them on they were a bit snug on my “snuglies.” Now, for the most part, it’s not like anyone is looking at my junk on an average day (*sigh*). So why is it while walking down the hallway I pass by the foreign-guy-of-questionable-sexual-orientation stop right in front of me and attempt to converse with my wang. Now, don’t get me wrong, I know my want is magnificent, but there’s a fine line between a glance and a full-blown ocular fixation. (Yes, I look at my fair share of boobies, but I have the common courtesy to move my eyes up that necessary 16 inches to make eye contact.)

· It’s October and it’s 86 degrees out side, WTF? Was Lake Elsinore supposed to be part of Australia?

· Last night, before leaving work, I thought "you know, I should help out the rest of the office and whipe down the confrence room table before the big meeting tomorrow." yeah, turns out Lysol Wipes can acctually remove the furnature polish from an all wood table... ooops...





Exile

Original_exile@hotmail.com

26 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home