.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Exile Industries: Department of Redundancy Department

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

A Woo-Whoo Too Soon

Oh man am I exhausted, and I think you would be too if you were spending every day at the hospital. it's pretty much been the same routine for the past few weeks.

wake up at 5:30am
get out of bed at 6:00am
realize I’m late for work and leave at 6:20am
get to work a little before (and sometimes after) 7:00am
call my dad on my lunch to see how he's doing at 12:00pm
get off work at 3:30pm
go to the hospital at 4:15pm
go home at 9:00pm (sometimes 8:00pm)
eat, unwind, shower, chat, and go to bed by 1:00am

ugh... needless to say I’ve been a very tired boy lately

the most taxing thing has been what's happening with my Dad. it turns out that the "good news" I got on his condition was a bit off. so here are the stats:

1. My dad officially has cancer, I don’t' know what stage it's at, but I do know that while he has cancer in his brain, the cancer is actually coming from somewhere else (and seeing as though he's been smoking for the past 26 years...)
2. only 60% of the tumor was removed, the rest of it is too tightly wrapped up in his brain
3. since the operation until yesterday my dad has been bed-ridden, the dizziness and nausea has finally subsided as of yesterday
4. my dad has a big "zipper" of staples going down the back of his head
5. they are releasing my dad home today, but he will have to start "Kee-Mo" in a few days.
6. we are reconsidering taking him to the city of hope seeing as though it turns out to be the #1 hospital (for cancer) for people who don't have insurance.
7. it looks like the Doctor we're going with is the expert is in the field and his whole team is on board to tackle this (each of the doctors are visit my dad daily).

So that's everything as of today... as for the real reason I didn't write about this info when I got it on Thursday is that I didn't want to. this still feels like it isn't happening, and putting in writing just makes it a little more real than I want it to be.


on a side note, two days ago I threw away a piece of cheese cake that was in the fridge, last night when I got home I realized I forgot to take out the trash... needless to say I opened every window in the house, lit every candle I could find, and called a priest to exercise the smell from my house.
"Christ, even stink would say that stunk!" ~ Fat Bastard (Austin Powers...)

8 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home