.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Exile Industries: Department of Redundancy Department

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Does This Kind Of Stuff Happen To Anyone But Me?

Ugh...

So, for those of you in the know i decided a while back I decided to rent out my garage. it's going for about $75 a month and it's a pretty decent garage. i mean, inside a gated community, automatic garage door opener, an outlet, and even a light bulb!

OK, it's not the Ritz, but if you're just storing your crap in a garage it does meet all your basic storage needs.



The most recent tenant told me that he was looking for a place to store his stuff while he was staying with a friend. he was eager to pay in advance, and back in January i needed the cash. since he moved his stuff into the unit i really hadn't checked on the garage, i mean why would i? right?

Yeah... So tonight i had a knock on my door from someone representing the homeowners association. he told me that there were reports of a homeless man living in one of the garages in the complex.

Yeah, so there i am, 9:30 at night with my brother and his roommate knocking on my own garage door only to hear a very nervous voice from inside. with clicker in hand i open the garage.

The only thing more overwhelming than the sight of the guy I'm renting my garage to living among towers of boxes was the meth-addict smell that wafted out of the garage.

I only had two things to tell him.
1. i wanted him out of the unit in two hours.
2. i wanted all of his crap out of the garage in two weeks.

he is officially evicted.


now, i'm not heartless. while i did have every right to call the cops on this guy, i figure that if you've decided to live in a garage you have enough problems. but I'm not so altruistic as to allow this guy to break nearly every law and housing code on the books by living in my garage.

The last i saw, he was out there moving his stuff out of the garage, I'll follow up on this tomorrow.

Oh, and in case you're wondering, if the situation comes up i will refund him the two months he's paid in advance even though he's in violation of the lease ($150 dollars isn't worth having someone with nothing to lose lurking around my house.)




And of course, in true Exile style, i had ironically made jokes about him living in there... *shakes head*


Exile

Original_exile@hotmail.com

8 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home