.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Exile Industries: Department of Redundancy Department

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

I Wanted To Borrow Your Luggage, Not Your Baggage

So, my luggage sucks.

I've had it for 15 years, it's a grey leather bag, basic, simple, durable. (just like me!) Now, usually when i go on vacation, it's usually at driving distance, so wheels on my bag has never been an issues. (i don't have problems managing my sack.)

but lately I've been traveling beyond the confines of just my truck and a hotel. lugging all that weight over my shoulder and through airports and kiosks and shiznit. needless to say, after weeding my way through LAX i have new appreciation for Amber's situation. (My roommate has tig ol' biddies, lots of shoulder and back issues).

Tonight i decided that i needed a bag with wheels this trip, so i took off to my parents to borrow one. they travel a lot and have few rolling deals.

after sorting through the various bags, i finally found one that would meet my needs. when i showed my dad he said "make sure you check it that i didn't leave anything in there."

so i reach in the side pockets.

pocket one, nothing
pocket two, nothing
pocket three, nothing
pocket four, something...

I didn't look in the pocket, i didn't want to look. i felt a razor, a toothbrush, a can of shaving cream, and something else. there was something in the pocket, something in a square foil packet. as my fingers fumbled with the mystery item i could feel the disk like protrusion.

my skin crawled, i didn't want to think about what i was touching, or what it meant.

i dumped the pocket into a grocery bag without looking, attempting to keep the gross through of my parents doing the nasty...

i gave the bag to my dad who immediately went through it to see what i was "freaking out over"

This is what i found...


i forgot that they're old and married... at the same time



Exile

Original_exile@hotmail.com

8 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home