.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Exile Industries: Department of Redundancy Department

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

What's Long, Black, And Fits Snugly In All Three Holes?

The Power Cord for my Laptop!

with the remaining juice in my battery I ordered two of the cords last
night. I also ordered a USB powered fan too, but that's only because my
order had to be over $10 (and it looked cool!)

the thing I'm really stoked about on this one is that the cord only cost me
three dollars. normally in the situation I'm in, once the cord goes bad they
(the computer industry) want you to buy the entire AC adapter which runs (at
minimum) $90. needless to say I don't have that kind of cash to shell out,
but my tech addiction wants what it wants.

but seeing as though the AC adapter is in relatively good condition (I've
made a few repairs) the cord that runs from the adapter to the wall was the
only part I needed to replace.

the weird thing about all this is that in every store I went to (Staples,
Office Depot, Best Buy) the guy working there told me the same thing: "you
know, we get people in here all the time looking for those, but we don't
carry them, maybe you should try_______. but I think you're going to have to
contact the manufacturer for that."

hmmmm... call me crazy, but if you have a giant office supply store that
carries everything from designer paperclips to iPod speakers in the shape of
a dog (that dances to the music), why wouldn't you keep a couple of these
things?

hell, I could start my own internet store and make a fortune just selling
cords to things. and what would set me apart from all the other cord
dealers? I'D ACTUALLY PUT THE SPECS FOR THE CORD ON THE WEBSITE!

Yup, when I finally found a site that sold my cord ( www.cords4computer.com
) I actually had to call their sales department, who referred me to the
manufacturer, who had to talk to a tech, who e-mail the IT department, who
used a Ouija Board to determine the Amps and Volts of the cord I wanted to
buy. (btw, the Amps and Volts for the cord are imprinted in the plastic on
the damn thing)

*sigh*

now I get to play the waiting game. I placed the order last night, so with
my luck I'll get my cord in 10 days...

I can make it that long without my computer right?
I mean, it's not like I'm addicted.
I'm sure I can find better things to do when I get home, like... read a
book, clean my fish tank, vacuum...

crap, I knew I should have paid the extra two bucks for express shipping...

well, if the Professor on Gilligan's Island could build batteries out of
coconuts, I'm sure I can figure out something... then again, if he was so
damn smart why couldn't he find a way to patch a hole in a dinky little
boat...


exile

2 Comments:

  • his nails kept exploding, remember?

    The show might have been more interesting if in, say, season 3 Gilligan went mad, stole a rifle from a Japanese soldier who didn't know the war was over, and then went on a human man hunt, tracking the others, toying with them and then finishing them off with torture devices he forced the professor to make from coconuts.

    Or if Ginger and Mary-Anne made out. That would have been good too.

    By Blogger SkookumJoe, at Friday, February 29, 2008 1:50:00 AM  

  • That post title SO isn't misleading.

    By Blogger Unknown, at Saturday, March 01, 2008 3:45:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home