.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Exile Industries: Department of Redundancy Department

Thursday, May 20, 2004

Back Again?

This has been a fun few days, two days ago I hurt my back while carrying a box. I was too deep in thought about a project and walked into the corner of a low table. The box was heavy enough to use my inertia to pull something in my back. Needless to say the next day I was in serious pain. The next day I wound up having to go through Workmen's Comp to get my back checked out.

We all know the county likes forms, but sweet dead baby Jesus did I have forms to fill out. First my boss had to fill out forms for half an hour just getting all my information down. Then on the doctors where I had to fill out all the information again, this time for forty five minutes. Meanwhile my back hurts so bad that I can't even bend down to fill in the paperwork on the clip board. Finally I go into the doctor where I wind up in a paper smock, x-rayed, examined, and fondled. In the end I wind up with an ugly back-brace, some Ben-Gay, some extra strength aspirin and a bunch of restrictions.

So today I had to get my restrictions cleared. For anyone unfamiliar with this, it's basically things like I can't lift over 40lbs, I can't sit for too long, so on and so on. To get cleared it took over four hours, four hours of descriptions, reenactment, and forms. You gotta love the forms. All of this to simply send me back to work to get caught up on a days worth of work.

My back basically feels fine now, but I do have to go to physical therapy on Monday for another three hours and will most likely have to fill out more forms.

What is the moral of the story? If you hurt your back you'll wind up with a hand cramp.

Exile

Original_exile@hotmail.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home