.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Exile Industries: Department of Redundancy Department

Friday, September 17, 2004

I'm Not A Goddamn Jungle Gym

Why do people let their offspring run amuck with out the forethought that their child is annoying. I'm sure at home it's cute when the child climbs all over the furniture and tries to make family members eat paper. But not around me. For some reason one of my coworkers thought it would be a great idea to bring in her brooding while she was working at let the thing run about the office.

As if the screams for attention weren't bad enough the thing spots me in my cubicle and decides I'm it's new play thing. Pulling on my arms it attempts to feed me paper while yelling in it's shrill voice. Personally I have no patience for children, so I scooped the thing off the ground and set it down right in front of the mother. Needless to say this only kept it out of my way for a few moments before it decided to bother me again. If felt cornered in my own office. After all you can't strike a kid if it's not yours, and it' really hard to "make it look like an accident" at work. "I swear, she fell down the stairs."

Take some goddamn responsibility for your child, tether them to the desk if you have to, just keep them away from me.

Needless to say that my meager pay does not cover the duties of a babysitter. Next time I'm setting a bear trap with some poke'mon cards in it. Just in case.

Exile

Original_exile@hotmail.com