.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Exile Industries: Department of Redundancy Department

Saturday, April 09, 2005

What The Fuck Have I Done?

I thought what i was doing was right. i thought that is was the remaining kindness in my heart. i thought that it was a last act of love. It was just a means of letting her kick me in the teeth again.

Before we broke up* i had set up a huge surprise for her birthday. You see she's been really home sick lately, actually for a long while. So i set in motion these events: 1.) arranged a surprise party for her. 2) i flew her mom in from Colorado. 3) all of this was a big secret, she had no idea.

(*back story, the ex and i broke up recently because she cut me off from all physical intimacy.)

I took an entire day off of work to pick up her mom at the airport. i picked up balloons, cake, streamers and decorated. When she showed up she was surprised as all get out. She jumped for joy and thanked me for doing all this. For doing all this even though we broke up.

i thought i did something right.

After she opened her other gifts from her mom and her mom's friend (my present was flying her mom out here, a ticket i paid for months ago) they got to chit-chatting. As awkward as it felt to sit and talk with her and her mother i smiled. i didn't want to ruin her birthday, i wanted it to be happy. i restrained my self, i kept calm, when her mother and her mother's friend (who drove down from SLO) made comments about our break up i did not mention anything. They wanted to go out and have fun, but i couldn't muster myself up enough to go out with them.

It hurt too much.

So i told them to go out and have a girls night. i didn't want to go and watch my ex-girlfriend enjoy something that i created out of love for her when we were no longer in love. i didn't want to start pouting and drag everyone down. When they were getting ready to go i told her that if she needed someone to pick them up if they were too drunk to give me a call. i walked them out and loaded them all into the car, before they left i slipped $20 into her pocket in case they needed to call a cab. She said she'd give it back, i wasn't too worried about it.

i wanted to be by my self, i wanted to be alone, naturally i didn't want to be alone all by my self so i went out with my friends. i find that usually going out for an aimless night of drinking is always a good pick-me-up. The night went well, i made a cute girl smile and we sang happy birthday for our server. i even made her a b-day card out of a placemat and 4 color pens. The night went well and i felt good. Towards the end of the night she called me, letting me know that she was home and did not need me to pick them up. She also asked if i was going out to my parents house for the night, i hadn't planned on it. We finished our round of drinks and my friends dropped me off at home.

i crept in the house nice and quite like, i didn't want to wake anyone up. With her mom and friend over i figured someone had to sleep in the living room. So i went to my room and got ready for bed. Realizing the time, roughly 1:00 am, i figured i should let her know i made it home ok. i checked her room and found her mom and friend sleeping in her bed, it was a veritable snoring contest. i headed to the living room, figuring she was sleeping on the couch. There was a cat on the couch, but no ex. She wasn't on the couch. Naturally i was worried, maybe something happened. i grabbed my coat and keys and ran out to her parking spot, oddly enough her car was there...

Let's recap, the girl, who is now my ex, is missing. After a night of drinking she drove her mother and friend home. She called me to let me know she was home, but wanted to know if I'd be coming home. Then she went out at 1:00 am, leaving her car behind.

I doubt she walked to the store.



Exile

Original_exile@hotmail.com

15 Comments:

  • This post brought to you by Alcohol, Exhaustion, and Jealousy.

    Alcohol, Exhaustion, and Jealousy, the fuel behind the nearly every blog.

    By Blogger exile, at Saturday, April 09, 2005 1:12:00 PM  

  • Alcohol and exhaustion is the main fuel of mine.

    By Blogger thehotlibrarian, at Saturday, April 09, 2005 5:45:00 PM  

  • "Are" the main fuel of mine, I mean. See - I'm tired.

    By Blogger thehotlibrarian, at Saturday, April 09, 2005 5:45:00 PM  

  • IS EVERYBODY'S B-DAY IN APRIL? sheesh, you'd think parents would stop making their own fire works. tblue, you make atleast 4, thus far.

    (counting 3 months forward is the same as counting 9 months backwards)

    thl- yeah, but your stuff is still damn funny. so more alcohol and less sleep for thl! j/k

    By Blogger exile, at Monday, April 11, 2005 11:20:00 AM  

  • I say screw her, she doesn't deserve you anyway...she's all games...grab thl and go get drunk together.....my bday is in april too.

    sorry to hear guy, but you know what they say....ya win some ya lose some and in your case I think you win by losing her.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Tuesday, April 12, 2005 7:37:00 AM  

  • lindsey- your boyfriend is a dick. and he doesn't sound like much fun.

    Mitzee- i guess i just have to trade up to a sexy minx, eh? Yeah i should grab THL and get drunk with her, although i should ask before i start grabbing. the ladies like a gentleman. When is your b-day?

    By Blogger exile, at Tuesday, April 12, 2005 10:14:00 AM  

  • that's RIGHT!!! on all counts!

    19th..

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Tuesday, April 12, 2005 10:45:00 AM  

  • Hey there deary, You ok?? she sounds really mean if she is willing to hurt you like that then she really doesn't deserve you!!

    P.s I added you to my blog cos i havent got many friends on here.. hehe hope you dont mind, if you want me to remove it i will. xx

    By Blogger Betty, at Tuesday, April 12, 2005 3:05:00 PM  

  • mitzee- tu es jugos!

    betty- it took me a while torealize i was trying to iceskate uphill. by all means add me to your blog. it's about time i went gobal.

    By Blogger exile, at Tuesday, April 12, 2005 5:31:00 PM  

  • so you guys are living together after you broke up? i went through that - it's the worst thing possible.

    By Blogger erl, at Wednesday, April 13, 2005 6:46:00 AM  

  • Erl...I hear you! Been there done that...NEVER a good thing.

    Exile....good times

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Wednesday, April 13, 2005 8:31:00 AM  

  • erl- it wasn't intentional. i've been looking for a new place since we split.

    Mitzee- oh, good times will happen, this is for sure.

    By Blogger exile, at Wednesday, April 13, 2005 9:57:00 AM  

  • that's what i'm thinking!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Wednesday, April 13, 2005 11:08:00 AM  

  • I don't know. Was your girlfriend obliged to stay at your place on her birthday if she'd rather go out again? Despite what you did for her, and I know you're hurt about what's been going on with her lately, it's not really your business what she does since she's not your GF anymore. I mean only in the gentle-est way possible. You will be less hurt and frustrated when you realize that she's got her own life to live. And, so do you.

    By Blogger Maverick, at Wednesday, April 13, 2005 11:26:00 AM  

  • stacie- it's not a matter of obligation. it's not a matter of her having to report to me. this is a matter of her rubbing in my face that the last year and a half of our relationship was a complete waste of time. realize she never wanted to do anything but sit on the couch with me.

    i know we should both move on, but while i should put her out of my mind i can't. she's always right down the hall from me.

    on a side note, i met this guy. he's taller than me, better looking, dresses better, has a slight punk style, and is just all around better than me. of course.

    to get a better mental image, imagine that you are with your boyfriend, he loves you, you love him. then one day he just doesn't want to kiss you, hug you, or make love to you. after you break up he's hooking up with every girl he meets and you have to watch.

    By Blogger exile, at Wednesday, April 13, 2005 2:48:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home