.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Exile Industries: Department of Redundancy Department

Monday, April 04, 2005

Can't Win, Can I?

Ok, I had to bail on a friend of my on Friday night and I can't help to feel like I'm in for a big "you suck speech." I called her the day before we were going to hang out to cancel. Figured I called early enough so she could make other plans. No return call. I called a couple times over the course of the weekend, no return calls. I know this chick is going to be pissed, and while she does have the right to be, I suppose, I did offer her a full day (as opposed to just Friday night) still no call.

The funny thing is that I know she was going to bail on me, but nope, I'm going to get it because I bailed first.

What did I do that night? I went to see Gallagher (http://www.gallaghersmash.com/index2.htm) with my Ex Girlfriend. No, I'm not that much of an ass that I would blow off a girl to hang out with my ex, but here's the thing... For our anniversary two months ago she bought me a ticket to see the Master Of melons (and one for herself, naturally) with the breakup, the new job, and now looking for a new apartment I completely forgot. Yup, judgment call, it was a matter of principals, and it was my ticket, I wouldn't give it up.

Does this make me an asshole? Or does this mean I'm taking a stand? Does it help if it wasn't a date with my ex, but just two friends hanging out?

The best part is that everyone at out table was celebrating their anniversary, we were the only people celebrating ours even though we broke up.



Exile

Original_exile@hotmail.com

5 Comments:

  • First, thanks for the ThinkGeek.com site, my wife is going to be pissed when she finds out I'm buying more shit for my PCs.

    Second, chics need to be blown off ever now and then so they think you are not so in to them. The only thing I saw you did that I didn't like was calling her multiple times. I'd say call no more than 2 or 3 times but only leave one message on the last try then the ball is in her court.

    Don't worry if you look like an ass, chics tend to like assholes.

    By Blogger God Hates Kittens, at Monday, April 04, 2005 4:30:00 AM  

  • buddy has a point...too many calls, never good and girls do tend to like assholes, go figure.

    people bail all the time, shit happens...she'll get over it, it's really nothing.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Monday, April 04, 2005 6:35:00 AM  

  • yeah, there's nothing i hate more than flaky people, except for hypocrates. so it really bugs me that i was both in this sitiation. it's not like i was begging her to hang out, and it wasn't a date.

    i'm not all that concerned any more.

    don't need that "after highschool drama"

    By Blogger exile, at Monday, April 04, 2005 11:40:00 AM  

  • exactly!

    btw, I LOVE god hates kittens flammable pic....!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Monday, April 04, 2005 11:53:00 AM  

  • i have to admit i stole that gif from him for my HTML class. the teacher loved it.

    By Blogger exile, at Monday, April 04, 2005 1:02:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home