.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Exile Industries: Department of Redundancy Department

Thursday, March 24, 2005

Ouch

Fucking ouch, that's all I can say. I never thought this would hurt this bad but ouch.

Things had been going down hill for a while, physical intimacy had dwindled to nil. After a while I began to expect the end of things, and watched it speed towards me like an avalanche. I told my self that this was bound to happen and that we would be better off. I knew that eventually we'd move on, and at times I even escaped blaming my self for all of it, if only for a while.

Last night she went out with a friend from class, she said it was just as friends, but it was definitely a date. This guy took her out for drinks, to a comedy club, miniature golfing, and out to play air hockey. They were out till midnight, drinking and goofing around. Those were the things I always wanted to do with her, being poor never let me pull off all that in one night. Of course my poverty wasn't the only hindrance to such things, after all, it took a crowbar to get her ass off the couch when I wanted to go out at night. Even on nights like last night, when she had no work or school in the morning, she never wanted to go out, she didn't want to go out with me.

It hurts so badly to try and be happy for someone who is out doing the things you always wanted to do with them, when they're happier doing it with someone else. It's like loving someone who refuses to fuck you, only to watch them go out and nail other people.

Do I think she did anything with this guy last night? No, I don't think she did. She could have, and I wouldn't be surprised if she did, but I don't want to think it.

When I saw her last night she smelled of rum and martinis and every word she spoke about how happy she was just hanging out hurt more and more. I told her I was tired, I told her that I was sick, I kept telling her I was fine and that I just wanted to go to sleep. She kept telling how much fun they had doing all the things she refused to do with me, I didn't want to hear any of it. All I wanted was to lay in the dark, sink into the pitch black and pull it all in over my head. I wanted to embrace oblivion. The irony of my life is that with insomnia you don't' sleep, my peace never came, and my head rang with thoughts of loneliness and pain. Insomnia gets worse and worse when you have a lot of things on your mind, and right now my skull aches with all these thoughts.

Today there at work my coworkers threw me a going away potluck, of course she was there. Standing in front of everyone, accepting gag gifts, I had to pretend to be happy, I had to laugh to keep up the appearance. The running gag of when the two of us were going to get married was like a knife in my chest.

My extremities have all gone cold, my hand and feet, I feel feverish and freezing at the same time. To make it worse, while I want to forget all these things, and have a few moments where I don't think about how much this hurts, all my memories boil to the surface. Every kiss, our first date (hell, every date), I remember it all.

I can't hide in hatred, I can't hide in work, I can't hide from any of this agony, I can only let it infuse with everything that I am. She was my inspiration to become a better person, she loved me for who I am, she just grew tired of what I am.

I don't' think I'll be sleeping for a while.


Exile

Original_exile@hotmail.com

13 Comments:

  • Reading this has broken my heart. You poor thing. I'm so sorry and I know this feeling. Sadly, it happened to me on more than one occasion much the way you describe it. It sucks ass. There's no two ways about it.

    You're no sap. You're a wonderful hearted human being who deserves and will get more than that bull shit. Don't stay at home waiting for her anymore. Get out. Do something. Go to the bookstore and hang out. Go for drinks...just be out.

    I don't think women suck, and as much as lots of women thing men suck...I disagree there too. People can just suck.

    You're in transition.

    That's the hardest time. Soon you will find someone that will light up your heart. You'll delight in the fact that you can finally do all those things you've been dreaming about and more. The ex always does the things with the new person that they'd never have done with us. It's the way they fake being fun and hook the new person. He'll find out the real deal soon enough.

    Get away from this woman and start your recovery process, stat! Don't prolong what is hurting you. Just rip off that freaking bandaid fast. You'll see the pain fades faster than you'd imagine.

    If the thoughts of a sort of random blogger passerby matters to you: I'm pulling for you. Also, try to get sleep. You'll feel better...there's nothing worse than that woozy f'ed up feeling of no sleep mixed in with romantic trauma. Take a tylenol pm or two (I've recommended this 2x today.)

    By Blogger Unknown, at Thursday, March 24, 2005 3:30:00 PM  

  • Yes, take the pills. The pills are always the answer. Now run like the wind and be free. Flow where ever you wish and do whatever. Dont wait to be the one who gets stomped on again. I waited day after day. Heard it night after night. Go to work, go home from work, then go out of home. Dont get yourself stuck inside that room. Check things out at the local "starbucks" or the bookstore. Even the freaking target is better than being at home. Dont wait for her. GO GO GO!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Thursday, March 24, 2005 3:59:00 PM  

  • the pills... run away... isn't that like that song by pink?

    you're right, i will find someone, i just have to figure out how. but i'm a big picture kind of guy, not in the details.

    there's a way, i figure i'll spend the majority of my life to find it. but it will happen.

    By Blogger exile, at Thursday, March 24, 2005 11:08:00 PM  

  • If she made you feel so wonderful at one time, it couldn't have been all that bad. Granted every women has their side, but try putting yourself in the other shoes. I know I have been there before.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Friday, March 25, 2005 12:37:00 AM  

  • i don't blame her, i don't hate her, i still love her...

    most people use blame to discard their responsibility in the way things ended.

    most people use hate to hide how they feel

    most people stop loving out of sheer anger

    i'm not most people.

    By Blogger exile, at Friday, March 25, 2005 5:07:00 PM  

  • Don't you think that there could have been nights when you went out and she might have felt the same way? I can't imagine that that's not a possibility. Besides, what are you mad at? And to everyone else leaving comments... get over the tunnel vision.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Friday, March 25, 2005 9:14:00 PM  

  • anon- i don't think you've been reading what i've written. i'm not mad at her. the only thing i could be mad at is my self. the fact of the matter is i'm far sadder (is that a word?) than anything else. all the times i've gone out i've always invited her.

    this isn't a issue of tunnel vision, this is an issue of pain. tunnel vision would be hating her and blaming her. but it's not her fault, it never was. i still respect her and still consider her my dearest friend.

    don't make comments until you learn to read.

    By Blogger exile, at Saturday, March 26, 2005 5:07:00 PM  

  • I didn't mean that you had tunnel vision, I meant that all the other people leaving you comments seemed to have it.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Saturday, March 26, 2005 11:16:00 PM  

  • Sorry to hear that you're feeling badly. Um, women don't suck, though - relationships do. Plus, I also wanted to say that I think you're suspicions are probably right -- it's my opinion that it's practically impossible for men and women (hetero men and hetero women) to be friends, only. It's been my experience that the men always push it....

    By Blogger Maverick, at Sunday, March 27, 2005 12:57:00 PM  

  • anon- i see. well, i get defensive over my readers too. but if you really read their comments, these are the statements of people who really care about the feelings of a friend.

    stacie- i wouldn't say it's impossible. it's quite plausable as long as both parties are incapable of taking it beyond friendship.

    By Blogger exile, at Sunday, March 27, 2005 11:26:00 PM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger exile, at Sunday, March 27, 2005 11:26:00 PM  

  • Awww cheer up my dear!! If she seriously thinks she can treat you like that she is pure evil. And she obviously doesnt deserve you. So do not worry about it just smille away and you will be fine..

    By Blogger Betty, at Monday, March 28, 2005 3:24:00 AM  

  • What a great site
    » »

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Tuesday, August 22, 2006 8:32:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home