.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Exile Industries: Department of Redundancy Department

Friday, June 03, 2005

I Damn Near Threw Up

Sometimes I try and place nice when people bring “children” around me. Today one of my co-workers brought her 2-day-old baby in.

I smile, I cringed, and I hugged the walls of the hallway when they passed.

As she was leaving I decided I would attempt to engage in conversation with the mother. (She was already talking with another co-worker):


Exile- Hi Keli

Mother- Hi… So anyways, the umbilical cord finally came off yesterday. It’s a good thing, cause it was all brown and crusty.

Exile- excuse me (with bile rising, I try and get to my desk)

Mother- isn’t she cute?

Exile- sure is! (I lie. I sit down at my desk and hold back my dry heave)




I put in an effort; that has to count for something.


Exile

Original_exile@hotmail.com

16 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home