.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Exile Industries: Department of Redundancy Department

Friday, June 02, 2006

Agony Of The Gods

When I originally though about writing this post I wanted to go a different route, but now that my goat was “gotten” I guess it will be a half review half bitch session.

I recently started playing a new game and I’m absolutely hooked (no I know, exile hooked on a game, who’d see that one coming?) The game is God Of War and it’s everything one could wish for in a hack and slash game.

god of war

In the game you play as Kratos, a Spartan who, directed by the gods, brutally slays and butchers all those who stand in his path. Now, when I say butchers, I don’t mean you whack an enemy with a weapon then they fall down. Oh no, that would be too easy for Kratos. In God Of War you smash your enemies to the ground, rip them limb from limb, hack them into pieces, gouge out their eyes and occasionally swing them on a chain to throw them at other enemies. (Personally I like to pin them to ground and stab the fuck out of them.)

But this isn’t some “bad guy with a heart of gold story” either, oh no. On your mission to murder the god of war (Aries) you are not above stabbing a peasant to death just to regain some life.

There’s also a fair share of boobies (nothing like blood and boobies to make your day a little brighter). Because, like any man trained by the gods, he usually has two topless women in his bed. Don’t get me wrong, Medusa has a nice rack too, but you’re too busy trying to twist her head off to cop a feel (this is where I differ from Kratos, oh, that and the huge muscles…).

The game, in its entirety has been brutally beautiful; the bitching is in regards to a slight computer glitch. See, in the game there are puzzles all over the place you have to solve. You know, doors to open, keys to find, levers to pull yadda yadda yadda… well, while playing a few nights ago I decided to screw around in the game with one lever and see what happened if you pulled really fast… yeah, it turns out my luck with machines in real life mirrors that in games. The computer now assumes have pulled this lever one too many times and will not let me do so again (it thinks I solved the puzzle) so the game is locked up. There’s no reset, no start over, nada. I’ve had to start all the way over from scratch. This is the bane of every gamer, usually it happens when your memory card erases data or you accidentally save over your game, but this, this just sucks…

Luckily there’s blood and boobies, so I’m fine with it.



Exile

Original_exile@hotmail.com

9 Comments:

  • ooooooooohhh nooooooo, that sucks. i can feel how that's like, though the only glitch i get is a bed i've bought and it allows no couple to sleep on it. sims heh.

    of course there's a longer side to that. i was making wrong people.. ahem... sleep together, and i thought it was a moral issue that prevented them from sleeping together again. hah!

    By Blogger mistipurple, at Friday, June 02, 2006 6:51:00 PM  

  • oh, man. technology can pull a number on you sometimes. but i do the same as misti with the sims. i try to make the girls kiss each other. they don't want to. bah.

    By Blogger {illyria}, at Friday, June 02, 2006 7:02:00 PM  

  • trans my princess, they will kiss each other, and so will the guys on guys too. they er.. just got to know each other better. just like real life. lol. my colleagues taught me all i should (shouldn't?) do.

    By Blogger mistipurple, at Friday, June 02, 2006 7:08:00 PM  

  • yikes, that sucks dude. sorry.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Monday, June 05, 2006 8:09:00 AM  

  • misti- such a naughty girl, makeing the sims do such naughty things... tisk tisk. (btw, should, shouldn't does it really matter? hehehe)

    trans- tell me about it, it did it again durring my final fight with the god of war himself!

    mitzee- it doth suck'th the big one

    By Blogger exile, at Monday, June 05, 2006 8:40:00 AM  

  • oh noooo not the final round!
    you have my sympathy, sweetie.

    By Blogger mistipurple, at Monday, June 05, 2006 4:00:00 PM  

  • misti- it's all right doll, i should be able to got back to my last save point, it just sucks so bad.

    in one of the end fights my friend elena was watching me play. in the fight you fight an army of your self and have to save your wife by transfering life energy to her durring the acctual fight. so occationally elena would say either "fuck it, let her take a hit, you're almost out of life" or "hurry, hug the bitch, she's gonna die"

    By Blogger exile, at Monday, June 05, 2006 4:18:00 PM  

  • hahahahaaa. i just had to laugh, reading that.

    By Blogger mistipurple, at Monday, June 05, 2006 4:35:00 PM  

  • misti- games bring out the best in people

    By Blogger exile, at Monday, June 05, 2006 5:08:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home