.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Exile Industries: Department of Redundancy Department

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

For Snakes Sake, Update

Nothing much to report here, i got my self ready to take Herb out.

I made sure to take some extra precautions in case things went awry:

1. small burlap bag in case he gets "bitey"
2. my Rubbermaid laundry bin was handy in case i had to lock up herb to "get rid of him"
3. old towel on the bed in case he decides to strike (they have a lot of tiny serrated teeth)
4. antiseptic in the bathroom to clean out any snake bites


(Yeah, like i said I'm a bit nervous about this)


so i psyched my self up to do pull him out, i figure i need to be confident and sure so he doesn't smell fear. (i don't know if they can really smell fear or not, but why take the chance?)

but when i went i climbed up on his tank to take him out...
(yes, i had to climb on the tank, it's big, you see?)
Hella and Herb
i noticed that his eyes were all white...

see, snakes have scales all over, including their eyes. so when they're about to shed their scales start coming lose on their bodies, including their eyes! unfortunately while their eyes are all opaque they cant' see to well, and to top it off their very grumpy/irritable. (shedding for a snake is like a chick on her period... so i need to buy chocolate rats).

needless to say, I'm going to wait a couple days till he sheds so he will be less grumpy...

I'm taking my time with this because I'm trying to ease him back into being handled

so tonight i just stood there on the edge of the tank petting him... it's funny, the reason I'm worried he'll strike me isn't because of the pain, it's because it will mean i lost him...


(For those of you not interested in Snakey Current Events, here's a vid of a chick getting 5 inserted at once!)




Exile

Labels:

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home