.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Exile Industries: Department of Redundancy Department

Monday, July 14, 2008

Zen

with the every day stresses and woes, it's hard to find a little zen.

for me, my place of zen is my balcony at 1am. it's that time of night where you can just feel that you are all alone.

woth nothing but the sounds of the night and low hum of a box fan in an adjacent window.

it's in this quiet time i feel the most at peace, the most alive.

i'm typing this on my phone to share my little slice of zen with you. to show you that it's not hard to find, and sometimes it's not where you look, but when.

find your place in the night, breathe in the cool air, and let your self pretend the sound of that one lonely taxi cruising down the street is the sound of the surf crashing on the shore.


(fyi this post would have had a much different tone if that fucking dog down the street was barking again)


exile

1 Comments:

  • The last bit made me laugh out loud! I love sitting on my balcony at night, with or without a nice glass of merlot. I also know the frustration of dogs interrupting your peace. My neighbor has two ankle biters that bark at everything. I have no idea how they still have their voices they bark so much.

    Thanks for sharing. I guess I'm not the only one that escapes to the balcony....not that I thought I was... ha.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Monday, July 21, 2008 4:36:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home