.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Exile Industries: Department of Redundancy Department

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

An Exile Update

"So much time and so little to do. Wait a minute. Strike that. Reverse it."
~Willy Wonka
lately I've been busy, not productive, per se, but busy.
-Saturday Night I had the first Burger Night in a long time. it was great, I
had Sprinkles, The Jeff, the Jeff's his chick, a friend of mine from work
(Doug), his wife, and their daughter. it was a so much fun and the PS3 got a
work out as well. Doug showed everyone how to play the game on my system
while I was cooking, then showed off his prowess in Warhawk. matter a fact,
the next time I signed in I had ranked up, (he was kick'n the crap out of
the rookies under my name). amidst all the drinking, cooking, and eating I
burned my thumb, The Jeff had sex in my spare bedroom, and I showed everyone
how to shoot a frog out a big giant turd.
-nearly a year ago I hurt my wrist at work (you may recall an HNT with me
and a wrist brace). well, a month ago it randomly started hurting again. it
was strange, I was sound asleep, I woke up with the alarm, hit snooze (cause
I'm lazy), rolled over, and woke up to a horrible stabbing pain in my wrist.
at first I figured it was just something that would go away, so I threw on
the wrist brace and went to work. unfortunately, it only got worse through
out the day, and when I went to take my jacket off it was too severe and I
told HR. unfortunately, now that it's a Workman's Comp issue relating to
something that happened a year ago, everyone is treating me like I'm faking.
the thing is that the "horrible agony" has subsided, but I want to make this
all official so I don't wind up with arthritis in ten years with no
recourse. I wanna be a writer when I grow up, and I don't think I could
handle the irony of finally having the time to write and not the ability.
-there is a new obsession with the PS3, Trophies. essentially they're going
to make it where (nearly) all PS3 games will have trophies you can win for
pulling of particular tasks in a game. things from simply beating levels to
the nearly impossible. there are four of us at work that are competing for
the bragging rights of obtaining these intangible trophies. currently it's
between my Coworker, and my self. he's only three trophies ahead of me, but
he can't seem to make progress on the other ones. The one trophy we are both
gunning for is in the game Super Star Dust HD in which you must play a level
where all you're armed with is 10 Bombs (as opposed to regular play that
gives you three types of infinite ammo and a rocket booster rammer thingy).
the way you get the trophy on this one is to obtain 15 Bombs. the catch is
that the only way to get bombs is blow up these "trucks" that only appear
every 30 seconds, and when you blow them up you only get two bombs. so it
means either blow up one truck at a time 5 times over, or try to blow up two
truck at the same time. regardless, this has been a nightmare to try and get
because a) every time you use a bomb you lose a bomb, two steps forward, one
step back, and b) there is a constant flood of meteors and magnetic bombs
all over your nuts.
-every morning my drive to work take about twenty to twenty-five minutes.
today I had a truck in front of me the whole way. we were making good time
so I didn't need to pass him. but what I want to know is how it's possible
to pick and flick boogers for that long? the entire time I was on the free
way his are would disappear in the window, then reappear a moment later
rolling and flicking nostril shrapnel from his finger tips.
so what's new with you?
exile

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home