.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Exile Industries: Department of Redundancy Department

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Greeting From The Edge Of The Earth



Hello all you little minions, sorry i've fallen off the face of the earth, things have been a little complicated lately so blogging had to fall by the wayside.

(i'm not a fan of complication)

so here’s a little wrap-up of what you’ve been miss’n while you’ve been miss’n me

· I recently had a medical scare that could have been the end of dear old Exile. While I don’t want to go into gratuitous details on the subject (and for me to not over share you know it must be bad,) all I can say is that I wasn’t going to be continuing on with anything. I was panic stricken, if I tried to just relax and not think about it my mind would run a million miles an hour and my heart felt like it was going to rupture. It went on for days with this anxiety and severe depression until the test results were in from the doctor. Luckily my test results came back clean as a whistle so I’ll be around for a little while longer (if you’re lucky).

· This whole “near life experience” realigned my perception a bit and has lead me to think that I need to change a few things about how I live and where I’m going. NO, this doesn’t mean I’ve turned religious, far from it. But it’s given me a new appreciation for where I am in life and it’s reminded me that there might still be time. “time for what,” you ask? Time left to actually find someone, and that for this hopeless romantic it’s only “mostly hopeless.” The funny thing about it is that getting the good news from the Doctor was like being visited by the ghosts of past, present, and future all in the span of a week… I felt like leaning out my bedroom window, flipping a gold coin to a boy on the street and telling him to “fetch me a goose, the biggest goose in all of London!”

· There have been a few new games that have come out for the PS3, all of which have trophies, so naturally, I’ve been spending my nights playing instead of typing. (Funny how that works.) the two I’m hooked on are Burnout Paradise (a game where you tear ass around the city of Paradise racing other drivers both on and off line) and Penny Arcade’s On The Rain Slick Precipice Of Darkness (episode 1.) The Penny Arcade game is kind of like playing one of their comics, humor and all. Of course, they both take up a lot of time trying to level up and earn everything you can in the game, so playing for fifteen minutes often turns into a couple hours easy.

· I hurt myself bowling last week, and have been walking around with a bum hip resulting in a little limp… a walking limp! The other thing isn’t little or limp! (I don’t care who you’ve been talking too…)

· I’ve been trying to get myself geared up for dating again, being cheated on by the last two girlfriends in a row has put a hamper on my motivation. But the little boost I mentioned in the second blurb up there is encouraging me to keep going.

· Saturday was my cousin’s Halloween party, she does a huge blowout every year and this year was no exception. I spent all of last week (that I didn’t spend worrying) shopping for supplies and buying stuff on discount (I’m still awesome.) I decorated the bathroom this year, as I do every year, and it came out really awesome. Anyone say, blood bath?
blood bath
blood bath
that's right, those skulls are fucking crying blood!
(did i mention awsome?)

· I’m still running fliers at night, but it’s far and few between, but seeing as through the Doc fixed my bowling injury with a tug of the leg I still justify the work. (now if I could only get something else tugged.)

· I’m working with my Mom (who’s also a Realtor) to work out a way to reduce my monthly mortgage payment. From what I can tell, if you’ve always been good about making your payments and you tell them there are extenuating circumstances (like increased to association dues,) they will reduce your monthly payment so you don’t go into foreclosure.

· Still no roommate, I’ve scrapped a little bit of cash together to make it through the holidays (gifts, snowboarding, food…) but I’m still hurt’n. One thing I’ve got going for me is that because I don’t have a girlfriend this time around I don’t have to spend that much on gifts this year (or plane tickets!). still, it would be nice to stuff someone’s stocking…

· Yes, the HNT contest will be posted soon, something I wasn’t expecting is I have like four or five people who won (all with the same percentage). So I’ll be sending out e-mails to see what they want to see… expect a lot of sack, hehehe.


Ok little minions, I think that’s all I have for you, once again, I do regret the lack of blogging, but with the next two months looking the way they do I should be a more consistent on my blogging, granted, it will probably all be via cell phone…



Exile

Labels:

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home