.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Exile Industries: Department of Redundancy Department

Monday, June 06, 2005

Hello? Is There Anyone Beyond These Cubicle Walls?

Ok, I just have to share my hatred for something. I hate when I call out to someone in the other cubicle and they don't respond. Now I'm not one of those cube talkers that just yaps away all day over the walls, but occationally I do need to know if the other person is there.

Example, if I have a question about an order, I can't just wing it. So I call out and see if the person is there. (we share a wall, I'm not going to use the phone.) so in a friendly work tone I call out their name. No response. Then I listen, sure enough they're there typing away. They're not on the phone, they're not listening to music, they're just ignoring me.

So now I have to walk over to their desk, which means transversing the entire bank of cubes, just to reach a place less than 4 feet from my desk. Upon reaching their desk I'm greeted with the "why couldn't you just walk over look" to which I respond with the "is it bring a shotgun to work day?" look. Finally I ask my piddle little question, and then walk all the way back to my desk.

My rhythm is now shot, and I've most likely lost my place as to where I am in my work.

All I needed is a shout back, and it would have been all good.

Hell isn't other people, Hell is dealing with people in a cubicle.


Exile

Original_exile@hotmail.com

15 Comments:

  • sounds like your day was as good as mine! sorry hon, unfortunately in this cheese assed lifetime we must deal with I D I O T S from time to time. Then they wonder why people go postal. shizzle.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Monday, June 06, 2005 4:35:00 PM  

  • it's funny, right after typing this post i got chastized again for crap i'm not responsible for.

    i'm becoming the office whipping boy and i don't like it.

    By Blogger exile, at Monday, June 06, 2005 4:42:00 PM  

  • tell those bastards to fuck off! you are not a whipping boy! oh, wait a minute...um....JK, JK, JK!!!
    ;)

    no seriously start looking for another job or stand up and tell them the what's what of what and all that shit.

    office politics suck, especially when you're the center of the bs.

    course i don't have those problems in my office cuz everyone i work with ROCKS! dude, move to T.O.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Monday, June 06, 2005 5:51:00 PM  

  • someone was supposed to be looking for a job for me... hehehe

    does sex slave count as a job?

    acctually i went to the head of HR and she was furrious. she's going to the president of the company about this.

    all the arguing and (bad) games have been really brining down these past few weeks (thus the lax in blogging)

    but as crummy as it's been it still can't take away from my excitement, 4 more days!

    By Blogger exile, at Monday, June 06, 2005 5:55:00 PM  

  • When I was a cubicle slave I would stand on my chair when that happened. Then I would yell louder.

    By Blogger Vivalacrap, at Monday, June 06, 2005 9:57:00 PM  

  • i might wind up becoming the office robin hood. i'll make a paperclip bow and arrow and begin raiding their desks for supplies. it won't get them to stop being assholes, but atleast i get to wear tights. hehehe

    hillarebel- i like the standing on the chair idea. makes it easier to shoot them with my paperclip arrow

    By Blogger exile, at Tuesday, June 07, 2005 12:37:00 AM  

  • ah the dredded cubicle.

    has anyone seen my stapler? Remember what happened at the end of Office Space!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Tuesday, June 07, 2005 2:01:00 AM  

  • 3 more days! and my cubicle walls are so short even I can see over them....btw...office space...very funny!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Tuesday, June 07, 2005 8:40:00 AM  

  • 3 more days "you know what i'm talking about, i'll be show'n her my OH face. you know, OH, OH, you know."

    i think i'm going to put barbwire around mine

    By Blogger exile, at Tuesday, June 07, 2005 9:23:00 AM  

  • for a minute there I thought u meant around your face! you're OH OH OH OH OH!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Tuesday, June 07, 2005 1:22:00 PM  

  • hey mitz-

    "i had a dream once, it was a game. a JUMP to CONCLUSIONS game. see, there is this mat, with different conclusions that you can jump to."

    By Blogger exile, at Tuesday, June 07, 2005 1:32:00 PM  

  • ok ok....oh wait....what are you trying to say?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Tuesday, June 07, 2005 4:00:00 PM  

  • it was an office space quote, that's all

    By Blogger exile, at Tuesday, June 07, 2005 4:53:00 PM  

  • What a bummer. I know when I'm on the computer, I get so sucked in, I won't hear people knocking on my door or even the phone ringing at times. Are you sure they're not just super focused on what they're doing? I hope you get new, more cooperative cubbie mates. ;-)

    By Blogger sk8rn, at Tuesday, June 07, 2005 5:57:00 PM  

  • i will invade their cubes, knock down the walls, expand my empire

    By Blogger exile, at Tuesday, June 07, 2005 7:43:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home