.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Exile Industries: Department of Redundancy Department

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Zero To Fucked Up In Under Thirty Minites

How the fuck does a day get this fucked this quick?

Today was a zero kind of day, nothing good (naturally) but nothing too bad either. i wrapped up my day's work half an hour early (it's 3:00 pm) and decided that i would talk to the office admin about the vision and dental plan (take care of my peepers and chompers in one blow, right?)

as I'm talking to the office admin my head is spinning with all the info she's giving me about the plan (way TMI for a guy just finishing a long shift). at that point my boss (Boss Man) come out of his office.

Boss Man- I just got a call from Elsa, she won't be coming in tonight
Exile- Is she OK?
Boss Man- she was at the dentist and her tooth was impacted so they had to do surgery to get it out.
Exile- yeesh, is she ok?
Boss Man- I'll need you to come in at four tomorrow (that's 4 a.m.)
Exile- (not thinking) Jeeze, i don't think i can do that
Boss Man- WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU'RE NOT GOING TO COME IN! (this is him yelling)
Exile- What? (i thought i just thought that last part) No that's not what i mean
Boss Man- EVERYONE ELSE COVERED FOR YOU WHEN YOU WERE OUT, NOW YOU'RE NOT GOING TO COVER WHEN WE NEED YOU?
Exile- That came out wrong, I'll come in. I'm just used to being asked to stay late.
Boss Man- Well that doesn't help in this situation
Exile- (sheepishly) I know...
Boss Man- YOU NEED TO LOSE THIS ATTITUDE
Exile- Boss Man, i didn't mean that to come out that way (or at all for that matter).
Boss Man- Well how else am i supposed to take that? (at this point he storms out of the office)

I try and wrap up my dental thing even though I'm way to flustered to keep track of what the admin told me about the dental plan.

I figured this wasn't something that i should let sit so i tried to track down Boss Man so i could smooth things over. i caught up to him back in the Quality Lab.

Exile- Boss Man, glad i caught you, i just wanted to say again that i didn't mean for what i said to come out that way.
Boss Man- well i just don't how else i was going to take that
Exile- (this was just me stammering trying to explain my self again, poorly)
Boss Man- (to 2nd Shift QA tech) you can stay late tonight, right?
2nd Shift QA Tech- (he just nodded... smart guy)
Boss Man- and Exile do you think you can come in at 4:30?
Exile- I will be here at 4:00
Boss Man- even though you said you wouldn't?
Exile- honestly, i didn't even think i said it.... (for the record, didn't say i wouldn't, i just didn't think i could)
Co-worker- (interrupting) I've never done that, I'll say things i shouldn't purpose, but never just blurting them out (she laughs about it)
Boss Man- Me neither, i usually try and say what i shouldn't (he's now joking about it)
Exile- (swallowing pride) yeah, i guess my brain just shut off and i wasn't thinking.
Co-worker- so everything settled then (why is this chick butting in now? not helping...)
Boss Man- I guess Exile is coming in now, even though i had to bring him in kicking and screaming
Exile- (i quickly remind my self that i can't get angry and just swallow some more pride) I was a misunderstanding, but I'll be here at 4:00 am

*sigh* at this point it's now 3:30pm and I'm off.

Oh, and the kicker is that when i get to the Chiropractors all i can think is that "man, a massage will make me feel a little better about this shit." Yeah, so while laying on the table with the electrodes on my back the Chiropractor takes this heat pad out of this hot water thing (imagine the thing that Hot Dog vendors cook their wieners in) and wraps it in a towel for my back. So why, is it when she leans over me a stream of hot water pours out of the pad and right into to my ear!!!! Now this very warm water didn't just splash on my ear, it poured straight down my ear canal. I'm squirming, and begging her to take the heat pad off while she's trying to stick a towel in my ear. finally i sit up and whip my head to the right as hard as i can to get water out (my shirt was quite wet).

while shaking the water free of my head the chiropractor is reprimanding me for whipping my head like that. She said it's bad for the vertebrae i said water in my ear was bad for my brain.


so what is the final out come of this story?
  • Well, after getting home at 6:00pm, i have to wake up at 3:00am tomorrow and work until 3:00pm.
  • If i can't fall asleep by 10:00pm i may be forced to stay up through the duration
  • I will be so exhausted tomorrow that i will not be able to function with out help... So after nearly 4 months of being caffeine i am going to have to prop my self up with a can of Monster.
  • regardless of what i meant to say or not, Boss Man now has a severe distrust for me (this will come back to bite me in the ass later.)

Anyone wanna give me a 3:00 am wake up call?





Exile

Original_exile@hotmail.com

10 Comments:

  • one of those bad bad days huh?
    hokie, i'll ring you from my cage. you haven't fed me btw.

    By Blogger mistipurple, at Wednesday, May 23, 2007 9:10:00 PM  

  • Boss man needs a chill pill. You could have just said you were referring to that chick's dental procedure...

    By Blogger Randi, at Thursday, May 24, 2007 10:26:00 AM  

  • The last time I called you at 3:00 AM I got bitched at. It's not my fault that it was only 3:00 AM there since it was 5:00 AM here. Yall are just behind. :-)

    Plus, I had just gotten laid for the first time in forever. I needed to share.

    If you can figure out a way to get me laid tonight till 3:00 AM, I'll give you a wake up call.

    By Blogger Rebecca, at Thursday, May 24, 2007 7:54:00 PM  

  • Hey babe I hope you enjoyed waking up to my voice this morning at such an early time!

    Don't worry in August it will be more than my voice you will wake up to ;P

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Thursday, May 24, 2007 8:25:00 PM  

  • misti- *tosses misti a taquito*
    bad day, definately a bad day

    randi- shit, i should have thought of that... you need to follow me around and give me advice.
    WHERE WERE YOU!

    rebecca- i get cranky when i don't get to sleep. but i was glad you got laid. (if i had the powers to get people laid at a whim you'd know, every one woudl know)

    hella- it was the best wakeup call ever. but i think i'd rather wake up to smooches

    By Blogger exile, at Friday, May 25, 2007 12:27:00 AM  

  • Your boss sounds cranky!!

    poor baby, just think how awesome an after-work nap will feel since you'll be extra tired out ^_^ *snuggly*

    By Blogger Shay, at Saturday, May 26, 2007 4:09:00 PM  

  • shay- acctually the after my 11 hour day i went home and cleaned my fishtank till 11pm.... no rest for the wicked

    By Blogger exile, at Saturday, May 26, 2007 8:24:00 PM  

  • ya, clean the fishtank and you won't clean my cage.
    thank goodness hella still loves me. :P

    By Blogger mistipurple, at Sunday, May 27, 2007 11:47:00 PM  

  • Misti....of course I love you! I will give Exile a stern talking to about neglecting you.
    *Scratches behind your ears* Here is nice clean blankey for you to curl up on!!!;P

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Monday, May 28, 2007 7:27:00 PM  

  • misti- well, i had to get rid of the worst fishy smell 1st

    hella- awww, thank you for taking care of our little misti... i gotta stop neglecting her *leaves treat in misti's cage*

    By Blogger exile, at Tuesday, May 29, 2007 12:48:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home