.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Exile Industries: Department of Redundancy Department

Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Meanwhile, With the Family...

so, it's Halloween night and I'm over at my parents house. my mom has decked
her self out as a hippie chick, my dad has decked him self out as the guy
asleep on the couch (the kemo knocks him out, so we let it slide.)

at the start of the night there were hardly any kids, but as it got later
they started showing up in herds. my mom was all fired up to pass out candy
for the first five kids, but quickly lost interest (or gained beer-ness...),
so the duty fell on me.

the kids were actually behaved, or as behaved as they can be (no "thank
you"s and very few "trick or treats.") but one little girl kinda set my mood
for the night:

I opened the door and there was a little girl, three or four, dressed as a
fairy or something with her mom. her mom was holding her hand to the Mickey
Mouse pumpkin in her hand prompting her to say "trick or treat." instead the
little girl took one look at me, dropped her jaw and ran off into the yard
terrified... oh, did I mention I WASN'T WEARING A COSTUME?!?! (ouch, my
pride)

eventually the tide of children subsided, we finished watching Shaun Of The
Dead (it was that or Dawn Of The Dead), my mom decided she wanted to go seem
my cousin's kid's costume. Now, personally, I saw no point in this, the kid
is either Darth Vader or Spider-Man every frigg'n year, but regardless I was
designated driver.

So we show up at the cousin's house and of course the kids are not in
costume. instead they were hyped up on candy (no one was watching them, so
what do you expect.) with that, we started drinking. I was exhausted and not
in much of a mood to hang out, but I figured I could let my mom stay for a
while.

while on the patio I realized my cousin was in the house with some other
girls putting on costumes to go hit the bars leaving her hubby to watch the
kids. (I think he was glad to be left behind.) As the girls finally were
ready to leave (only took two hours to get ready), they all came out to
announce they were leaving.

Cousin- Ok, we're going to take off
Everyone- *murmuring "good bye"*
Cousin- hey Exile, why don't you come with us?
Exile- nah, it's ok, I've been up since six, and I'm beat.
Cousin- come on *whining*
Exile- it's cool, thanks
Cousin- *with authority* Why not? you don't have a wife. you don't have a
girlfriend. you don't have any friends (here), and it's not like you have
anything going on tomorrow.
Exile- Gee, when you put it like that, I really don't want to do anything
now.
Cousin- come on, why won't you go?
Exile- well I was tired, now I'm just depressed.

I finally dropped my mom off at home where a neighbor taunted me for not
drinking beer with him (is it my family with this "alcoholic reputation" or
is it me?)

after that I spent some quality with the PS3 and passed out.

ah, quality time

1 Comments:

  • Quite an eventful night, Exile. I passed out candy to the little ones, who, out here are so flippin sweet. I know you hate kids and all but I'm going to have to call you and tell you just how precious these little ones are here. I have a few adorable stories. Teenaged trick or treaters stopped to hang out and chat with me about Twilight, elementary school kids stopped and danced on my lawn to the awesome Nightmare Before Christmas music I was playing and little...it was a blast. And they all said their "Thank yous" and "Happy Halloweens." SO. FREAKIN. CUTE. - J

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Saturday, November 08, 2008 8:24:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home