.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Exile Industries: Department of Redundancy Department

Monday, March 30, 2009

Reclaimed

Ever fall in love with a song that embodies your love for someone else? Ever lose that love and the song with it?

while i don't need to go into details, needless to say this song was lost to me. but as with all things lost, it was eventually found again. it turns out that i put the song on my MP3 player and forgot about it. i guess i had put it on my MP3 player and forgot about it (the song and the player), but now that I'm working I've become reacquainted with my MP3 player and this song:



the first few time i heard it on the player i couldn't stop thinking of her. i knew how she felt about the song, in my mind i could see her fucking to it again...

with everything taken from me, i refused to give this up. so when the song came up i wouldn't skip, wouldn't tune it out.

while the empty place where my heart once was still aches on occasion, i can now listen to the song, and enjoy the music.

Exile

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • For the longest time Steely Dan did that shit to me. Now? I just don't like Steely Dan in general.
    Haha

    By Blogger Randi, at Thursday, April 02, 2009 9:51:00 AM  

  • Randi- yeah, i still change the station when Hey Delilah comes on... hehehe

    By Blogger exile, at Thursday, April 02, 2009 4:17:00 PM  

  • It was that Jet song "Are you gonna be my girl" that threw me for awhile. It used to be my ex's ringtone... and he called A LOT. I bet you don't remember me, but back in 2004-2005 you and I were blog acquaintances. I was just reading some of my old blogs and found your comments. I was surprised to see you are still blogging regularly. You would have known me as bitteroldshrew. :)

    By Blogger Bitter Sweet, at Friday, April 10, 2009 12:51:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home