.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Exile Industries: Department of Redundancy Department

Monday, December 08, 2003

My aspirations for greatness are all consuming. I am on the verge of becoming the greatest writer, but greatness has yet to be achieved. But I have achieved it before. In fact I still hold the title, to this date. It is a small victory, but a victory none the less. My means of achieving greatness was found through a game, and not just any game, but the greatest game of all. Super Smash Brothers Melee. From years of training with the first Smash Brothers I ascended to a god like plane. It turned out that I was, and still am undefeatable. Not once have I met someone who could defeat me on pure skill. In fact my only defeats came in the form of handicapping my self or down right cheating. With the first game I gained my skill and power using Link, his choice of weapons, and the fact that he was Link, perfectly suited my playing style. Once I reached the level of undefeatable I decided to dip my toe in Jigglepuff. Jigglepuff was the weakest character in the game, of all the weapons he has he can sing and fall asleep, that's it. But through Jigglepuff I reached a zenith. To be undefeatable with the weakest character meant I could defeat anyone with anyone. I was unstoppable. Needless to say this didn't do over well with my competition. Even if I trained my friends to play well they still couldn't keep up, I put them on teams for balance, but to no avail. Since them I've upgraded friends and upgraded the game as well. Super Smash Brothers Melee, this is definitive proof of technological evolution. The game's AI is smarter and much more cunning, and yet I still reign supreme. But there is a down side to being a god, it turns out no one will challenge me any more. So not I train with no goal, no direction. With out anyone to defeat I have no reason to continue playing. My last hope is to enter a tournament, to play those who think they are the greatest. After all, you're only as good as the people you defeat.


Exile

Original_exile@hotmail.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home