.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Exile Industries: Department of Redundancy Department

Monday, May 08, 2006

And In Other News…

For those of you following the chronicles of Exile I though I’d give you a brief update of what’s going on.

· Tomorrow is my birthday, twenty-six years ago on this day the heavens parted, dark clouds swirled into a maelstrom, and evil once again walked the earth. It’s kind of weird for me to talk about my birthday, honestly, I usually forget about it. People always ask me what I want and I never really think of anything. Of course, ask me about someone else’s b-day and I have a million ideas. The other thing too is that I’m at 2 jobs were I’m the new guy, most people don’t even know my name, so it’s kinda awkward to walk into a room and go “hey, tomorrow is my birthday… what do you mean ‘who am I?’… Oh…”

· I finally bought the relays for the windshield wipers for my truck (which have been burned out for a year). The notable significance to this is that I live in Planet California, which means that I bought these things at the point in the year where I will not need to use my wipers again for another year… This is what happens when you’re cheap and you procrastinate. I might as well get my snowboard waxed while I’m at it.

· I hate my night job. The funny thing is that it’s part time work and it’s supposed to be easy money, the reality is that it’s nothing but stress. I’d bail on the job, but I still need to make back the money I lost while I was jobless.

· Peaches had a pretty rough night on Sunday, it was number 8 for her. It’s a tough job being the one called in for emergencies, people often don’t make it. You can read a little more on it here.

· This may be one of the most powerful blogs I’ve ever read, ironically there’s not much written on it. http://postsecret.blogspot.com/ (fyi, the blog changes every sunday, so you'll see a completely new set and the old ones go away.)

· I was so bored at work last week that I went on one of my world famous cleaning benders. I cleaned counters, dusted, reorganized, scrubbed my keyboard, cleaned out my Internet files, disinfected my mouse… The president of the company walked up behind me and actually said “they’re keeping you pretty busy,” while I was cleaning fingerprints off the door.

· No matter how hard I try, I still don’t have super powers.


Exile

Original_exile@hotmail.com

17 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home