.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Exile Industries: Department of Redundancy Department

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Memory Lane

Ever have a song evoke memories from long ago?

when I was a young Malchik in the 80's my mom started listening to Paul Simon. She listened to his Graceland cassette constantly while cleaning the house, driving in the car, yadda yadda.

be it the rhythmic beat or the subtle messages of political oppression, the music just spoke to six year old Exile.
(yes, this song is from 1986)

This is the song that I heard that brought the onslaught of memories back


I can remember vacuuming the living room while my mom lay on the couch drinking her "lunch beer" listening to this one:


I can even remember walking around wearing my brother's old Yellow and Blue walkman with matching headphones (it only had fast forwarded, no rewind) listening to this one:


A wash of memories from the 80's... Where are my Oakley Blades?
Blades baby!




Exile

Original_exile@hotmail.com

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home