.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Exile Industries: Department of Redundancy Department

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Get Your Mitts Off My Ritz

what the fuck happened to fucking manners?

sweet zombie fuck'n Christ!

here's the deal. I bring things to snack on through the day, little things
so when I finally get to my tiny lunch I'm not starving a few min
afterwards.

sometimes I bring an apple, sometimes a zip lock baggie of Cheerios (yes,
like a toddler) and sometimes I'll bring in a sleeve of Ritz crackers.

when it comes to the Ritz, usually I'll offer them to people as they come
in. there are some days that I can't eat a whole sleeve to my self, so why
not share, right? (Barney the dinosaur would be so proud)

but what happened just now was enough to send me into a full rage....

an alarm went off on one of the machine right out side my office, so I
stepped out and talked to the guy working on it. I was out there for no more
then two minuets. when I walked back in I found one of the operators
standing in front of the computers I work on. at this point I'm immediately
suspicious because they never go back there. mainly because they have no
idea what the equipment is that I work on, so it scares them (like a dog
with the vacuum).

so I walk up behind the operator and ask her if I can help her. she turns
around and she has one quarter of the sleeve of crackers in her hand, the
other shoved in her mouth.

Exile- Um, what are you doing?
Operator- (with mouth full of crackers and terrible grasp of the English
language) You do pot luck?
Exile- I'm sorry, I can't understand you with my food in your mouth
Operator- (swallows, leaving half the food still in her mouth) I say you
sign up to do pot luck for de Easter.
Exile- well I don't know if I'll need to bring anything seeing as though you
already helped your self to my food.
Operator- (laughs, still bits of Ritz stuck to her lips and teeth) you sign
up to bring food, yes?
Exile- Back up, why did you take my food from my office with out asking
first?
Operator- cause you no here, so I take cracker
Exile- just because I'm not here doesn't make it ok to just take, that's
rude.
Operator- Well, when you see I have cookie, you can eat my cookie
Exile- (shuttering at the though of that as an innuendo) I don't want your
cookie, I want my food. if you want something ask, don't just take.
Operator- ok, next time I tell you when I take


Grrr.... it's like an ESL version of Abbot and Costello. the thing that
pisses me off most about this is that this isn't the first time this has
happened. not with the same person, but other people here.

I've had my Frito's violated, my lunch eaten, and my office supplies
pilfered.

I swear, some times I think that respect for other people's property is a
genetic deficiency in the Mexican Mentality*.

I mean, I'm down wit OPP
(yeah you know me!)

*before you get all offended that I made a broad generalization about an
entire race/culture, please take these things into account:
1. in every area I've lived in the majority of the crime and vandalism is
done by Mexicans
2. I am half Mexican, so I've seen it first hand in my own family
3. they smell


Exile

12 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home