.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Exile Industries: Department of Redundancy Department

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Blogg'n Laughlin

"And just like the prodigal son, I return.
Anyone stepping to me, you'll get burned"

Who the hell do these people think they are to make me work after I get back from my vacation. The nerve!

So Laughlin was Laughlin.

The Jeff and I headed out Thursday night and rolled in at about 2:30 am, then drank till 4 am.

Friday was a very typical "first day of family vacation," so yes, there was drama. See, in my family everyone is an expert on everything, naturally this pisses everyone off. The big thing that happened to me and The Jeff was a bit of a miscommunication. One which resulted in everyone else but me being lost for over an hour. So all the sunscreen I put on was sweated off as I sat there on the water in nearly 120 degree weather. Heat stroke does not the drinker make.

Saturday was a bit more calm, everyone kinda fell into a bit of a rhythm, we had our beach on the river with the majority of the gear, of course someone managed to forget the radio. Luckily everyone got to enjoy the sounds of everyone yelling at each other. (no, I didn't forget the radio!)

Sunday was a perfect day. There was no traffic on the water, and this meant no chop (that's wavy water, ya land lubber! arrrr...). I finally got to really get out there and ride (my sunburn from Friday finally wore off). That night The Jeff and I met two very cute (and naturally very engaged/married) women who taught us how to play craps.


This is kind of the inherent flaw in Laughlin is that there are no single women.

Yeah, this isn't an exaggeration, there are none, nada, ziltch. The reason for this is quite simple, women usually don't purchase water craft. (before you start hating me, hear me out.) See, spending heaps of cash on big flashy toys is a very male thing to do. Guys do this as a means of trade, you know "you ride my boat and I ride you..." So usually when you see women there they are either (a) with their husband, (b) with a boyfriend, or (c) were brought for the other single guys in the same group.

Luckily we found a pool table in one of the bars, so at least I was able to play with my balls for a while. hehehe



In summation,

There was drink'n
There was dance'n
There was Sea-doo'n
but there was no debauchery (this is where audience let's out a empathetic sigh)



And just check out the awesome pics from my trip! (all two of them!)

Is this the hottest club in Laughlin?
world's worst elevator
Nope, it's the world's crapiest elevator!. If you look at the guy's face under the ham steak you'll see terror, pure terror. That's because the elevator had just dropped three feet. Yeah, the Edgewater isn't the highest quality hotel in Laughlin (the hallways smelled like swamp ass)


Are these people completely drunk or out really really late at night?
escalator
Yes.

We decided to go out to dinner for my mom's B-day at 10:00pm... Yeah, we plan well.

(I have other pics on my water cam, but it still needs to be developed.)


Exile

Original_exile@hotmail.com

22 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home