.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Exile Industries: Department of Redundancy Department

Sunday, October 21, 2007

I Got A Turtle Heed Poke'n Out


With the only thing left to do on this weekend being a whole bunch of laundry i thought i could do a weekend update a little early.

As you read on my last post, i picked up a Laptop for Hella on Friday, and since then I've been working on it. i bought* her for her for $150 and the programing was a wreck (*well, i took negotiated getting it, but she's sending the money for the laptop... i wouldn't want everyone thinking I'm too wonderful). so while i did get a sweet deal, it needed some work. here's a little list of what it needed:



  • the Operating System was trashed, something in the computer jammed the entire system, so the computer needed a full re-install.

  • all of the computer programs needed to be reinstalled (lots of disks=lots of time)

  • windows needed some major upgrades (all those times you've done it on your computer, compressed into one sitting.)

  • installed yahoo, MS word, AVG antivirus, Search and Destroy (spyware killer)

  • adjusted the power setting so her hard drive won't crash like mine did. (long time back, i was on a plane and when i shut down my computer i closed the lid, but when i closed the lid the standby system over rode the shutdown and so the hard drive stayed on when i put it in the bag.)

  • i took apart the back side of the laptop and cleaned all the dust, cat hair (wtf), and dust bunnies from the fan and housing.

  • removed all the dirt, finger grime, and stickers from the the computer. (had to scrub ever key)

OK, not to brag, but this computer looks pretty. it looks damn pretty. Hella's laptop is about as fast as mine, and looks better too (i guess the carpenter's steps are always broken, hehehe). the only difference is that her wireless a little less reception than i do, but it's won't effect anything.


Seeing as though i live near the Lake Elsinore Outlet Mall, i was going to run an errand to Bath And Body Works for Hella, but they're not carrying the lotion she wants. of course, it wasn't until just now that i realized that she's not looking for lotion, she's looking for a BODY WASH! yeah, so needless to say i have to go back and act like i wasn't the guy arguing that they did carry it... yeah, I'm that guy.


so this is what i need to pick up:


there's always tomorrow

i also went to Costco, to get new glasses, of course, when i was ready they told me that my insurance is all screwed up and that i couldn't get the glasses. so now I'll have to wait a week or so, but with any luck I'll be able to see again! (actually my old glasses are fine save for all the scratches, hehehe)

finally, on my way out of Costco, i wound up making a new little friend...

Little Guy

he's so cute, reminds me of my old turtle when i was a kid (that turtle was named asshole after it took a piece out of my hand...). there is one little problem with the little guy... i don't' have a name for him!

I've been toying with a few names, but I'm actually going to leave this one up to all the bloggers. leave your name suggestions in the comments and I'll post a poll later this week of the names i like the most that you can vote on. if your suggestion wins you might get a prize. (i have no idea what kind of prize yet)


Exile


Labels:

14 Comments:

  • Wow, you do so much for me and my laptop...what a good guy I have!!
    As for Bath & Body Works, I could have sworn I told you it was the body wash I needed.....sorry. either way I am sure....no positive that i will make it up to you!!
    This little turtle needs a name indeed. At first, I of course thought that Sammy would be nice, but now I have to go cheesy route and pick my favorite Ninja Turtle, Michael-angelo....I think its cute!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Sunday, October 21, 2007 4:30:00 PM  

  • They DO have that lotion in that scent cause i use it. So they were wrong and you were right! Don't you just love that??

    My daughter says to name the turtle Shelton. i kinda like peekaboo.

    Hugs,
    brooke

    By Blogger brooke, at Sunday, October 21, 2007 5:03:00 PM  

  • hella- you probably did, i jsut through it was a lotion... hmmmmm... sammy, michaelangelo... they are going on the list!

    His pet- they do? awsome! i looked on line and couldn't find it there either, but if they have it means i'm not a total ass. shelton or peekaboo... they're on the list too. i figured you'd suggest Tink, hehehe

    By Blogger exile, at Sunday, October 21, 2007 5:59:00 PM  

  • Hey exile, what a cute little turtle head you have pokin out there.. I think you should name him or her delilah.
    Just think, every morning when you wake up you can say hey there delilah)

    By Blogger Hollz, at Sunday, October 21, 2007 6:27:00 PM  

  • You've got a snake called herb. I think the turtle should be called Spices (so you'd have Herbs and Spices); Peaches (so you'd have Peaches and Herb); or Tarlick (so you'd have Herb Tarlick (I LOVE WKRP in Cincinnati!)).

    And those, my friend, as just off the top of my head! :)

    HUGS....

    By Blogger Polt, at Sunday, October 21, 2007 7:05:00 PM  

  • hollz- awwwww, but then what do i call hella? hehehe

    Polt- yeah... but i don't think my turtle is gay. (he's a red ear slider, not a purple slider)

    By Blogger exile, at Sunday, October 21, 2007 11:29:00 PM  

  • ok ok ... been giving this some thought ... I like your turtley friend... I have a thing for turtles ... *wink*

    So here are some names I was thinking of...
    Squiggle.. (my belly button threw that one in)
    Crush-- Like the turtle in Nemo
    Yours is a water turtle right?
    red ear slider?
    hmmm
    how about Pepe'
    sounds like Peppy...
    or you could go the opposite of Asshole and call him Dick
    who knows I will think of many more soon...

    By Blogger Shibari, at Monday, October 22, 2007 12:31:00 AM  

  • Myrtle.

    By Blogger Randi, at Monday, October 22, 2007 1:23:00 PM  

  • Franklin....people with young children will get that.

    By Blogger Mackey, at Monday, October 22, 2007 1:35:00 PM  

  • ok ok no delilah.. i thought of a few more though, here goes..

    Bam Bam
    gizmo
    archie (haha)
    dolittle
    G unit
    nymph
    pee wee (i really like this one!!

    ok thats all i got

    By Blogger Hollz, at Tuesday, October 23, 2007 3:12:00 AM  

  • where in the world did you find a turtle??in the costco parking lot? super cute, bum, um, don't they carry salmonella? how about that for a name? "salmonella-spreader." but for short, you can call her "ella." or if it's a boy, "sam" (since the "l" is silent. damn i am so clever. ;) how you doin in ca with all the fires? are you ok?
    -j from the block

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Wednesday, October 24, 2007 8:16:00 PM  

  • i meant super cute, "but," um. I was not now nor have I ever meant to call you a bum or refer to your bum in anyway shape or form. ;P
    -j from the block (again)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Wednesday, October 24, 2007 8:18:00 PM  

  • Oh, the warm vanilla sugar stuff is my FAVORITE!!! Jasmine vanilla is good too.

    Adorable widdle turtle! Call him Sheldon

    By Blogger Bunny, at Thursday, October 25, 2007 9:13:00 AM  

  • I think you already named him! Heed!

    By Blogger Keyser Soze, at Thursday, October 25, 2007 1:12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home