.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Exile Industries: Department of Redundancy Department

Monday, March 24, 2008

Hey Staples, You Just Got Fucked In The Ass!

smiley anal

Operation Toner Boner
Project completed

Boo-yeah Mother fucker!

ever get such a sweet deal that all you can do is grab your imaginary suspenders and say "i so rock!"

click on this chick to follow her back to her flickr account

So what is this deal that i speak of? oh, i just got a brand new $200 printer for fifty bucks!

now, i know what you're thinking, "but exile, we thought your God like abilities were limited only to the bedroom, how did you pull this off?"

well, my minions i shall share my secret with you and let you bask in my awesome-ness

Phase 1: The Dark Harvest
Staples has a recycling program for Toner cartridges. every toner cartridge turned in gets you a single coupon for $3 credit towards your purchase. so I've been collecting these things everywhere i can, and my office goes through a lot of them, and i talked everyone into saving them just for me.

Phase 2: Devaluing
over a couple months i collected nearly forty dollars in coupons, but Staples won't let you use more than three at a time. "good form old bean, but not good enough." see, the idea of only letting someone use three at a time is clever, but I'm more clever-er. (yeah). so what i did, for the past week was go in after work and buy things for $9.25 and so on (the coupon max is 3 coupons at $3... 9 bucks). i bought crap i didn't need, color pencils, dry erase marker kits, you know, crap. but they do have a liberal return policy, hehehe.

Phase 3: Weapons Of Mass Evil
Saturday 10:30am.
I walked into the store with my arsenal in hand
a) I now had 40 dollars in "store credit"
b) a coupon "spend $100 dollars and get $20 off"
c) my old printer "bring in your old printer and we'll take $50 off the purchase of a new printer.


Phase 4: Drop The Hammer
Cashier- hello again (she was working there last night)
Exile- hello to you to you, i would like to return these (i handed over the bag of "crap)
Cashier- well, seeing as though you were in here last night, you have your receipt, right?
Exile- Shucks, i don't (the receipt would not only show that i used my coupons and it would take the credits for the purchases off my Staples Rewards Card).
Cashier- i see
Exile- no worries, store credit will work just fine. I'm buying a printer today.
Cashier- did you know we have a special going on with the printers
Exile- i sure do *points to my old printer on the counter*
Cashier- *looks at me suspiciously* i figured you would know

At that point o left to get the printer i wanted, only to find out the printer i wanted was two dollars short of the minimum purchase... so i had to pick a new one. and then i found this beauty:

click here for all the stats.

it normally runs for $200, but they were taking $40 off at the register.

So i returned to the cashier in triumph

Cashier- i guess you found what you were looking for
Exile- sure did
Cashier- *she began ringing up the printer*
Exile- oh wait, there's a special way i want you to do this
Cashier- i beg your pardon
Exile- i know, this seems weird, but just humor me
Cashier *no longer smiling* ok, what do you want me to do?
Exile- *big smile* OK, scan my rewards card, now the printer, now the coupon for twenty dollars off...
Cashier- oh, you know what, that coupon got voided when i canceled that last transaction (the other printer i wanted). i guess you can't use it
Exile- oh, well let's see if the manager can fix that *big grin*
Cashier- (after the manager punches in his mystery code), ok, i have the coupon in
Exile- good, now cash in the old printer
Cashier- *doesn't say a word*
Exile- and here's the store credit
Cashier- ok, your total is $56(or something close to that)
Exile- *i hand her two more $3 coupons*
Cashier- *not happy* $49.98 (or something close to that)
Exile- I'll put it on the amex. (then mutter to my self) so i can get my 2% cash back.


(i don't think i'm welcome there any more.)


So in true Exile form i finagled my way into a $200 printer (managed to ruin the day of a Staples Cashier) for only $50! the cool thing is that i needed toner for that old printer and it would have costed me 50 bucks to buy more.


and as the true techno-geek that i am, i rushed home, ran up the stairs, and re rigged my wifi router to connect the printer directly to it! (now i can print and scan from anywhere in the house, yay!)

new printer

i might be a nerd, but i so fucking rock!



Exile

Labels:

14 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home